PDA

View Full Version : Hey all you folks with a Disney Visa....

ShanPooh
07-31-2007, 04:05 PM
How long does it take to get a reward card?
It's been a couple years for us, so we have to request a new one.
We are leaving town on August 11th.
Would we get it in time?

Thanks so much!

ShanPooh
07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
So as not to confuse - I'm asking about the points card and not the credit card :blush:
Thanks!

DizneyRox
07-31-2007, 04:20 PM
That's a tough one. Probably not, but if you want to try, order it with the minimum points necessary.

If you get it in time, call them back and immediatley have them put the rest of your point on there. The delay would be in getting the card, the transfer happens immediately.

This way, if it doesn't come, most of your points are still on your account for a future trip. If you transfer all of them and don't get it, you'll need to spend them before Dec of next year otherwise you'll lose them.

BTW - If you're going to try this, DO IT NOW! RIGHT NOW, DO NOT WAIT TILL TOMORROW!

KathyMO
07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Missed the chance to order a Disney Rewards® Card before your trip?
If you have at least 20 Disney Dream Reward Dollars®3 in your account, you can get a Disney Rewards Card issued at these guest relations areas:
Downtown Disney® Marketplace
Downtown Disney® Westside
Be sure to bring your Disney Rewards Visa Card and a valid photo I.D.

This is from the Disney Card Rewards Site.

Kathy

bcornette
07-31-2007, 04:59 PM
You can do it at Downtown Disney but it does take a little time.
Go to one of the places mentioned above and they will give you rewards card with no points on it that is tied to your account. You then have to call in to the rewards number and get your points transfered to the card.
Go early, since this is guest relations they always have a line, so the earlier the better.

sgdisney
07-31-2007, 05:26 PM
I got a new rewards card a couple of months ago and it only took about a week to get it. I think you can pay extra and have it expedited, but the safest thing would probably be get it when you get there.

vamaggie
07-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Call the customer service number and see if they can get you one with $20 on it before you leave. If they don't think it will get to you in time, you can always get one at DTD and call to have all your points transferred.

playdead88
07-31-2007, 06:07 PM
it took right at 2 weeks for us :mickey: