PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a different hotel?????

Dizneyfan
07-31-2007, 11:51 AM
I was wandering what are the chances of arriving at your hotel and requesting to move to another one. I have been calling for 1 month now trying to change hotels. I keep getting told that there is no availability for the package that I'm on (free dining). We would really like to stay at a moderate or SSR. Do they usually do this???:(

faline
07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
I'd resign myself to staying at the location you booked. Generally, Disney only moves folks to another location if they've had a problem with your original reservation - lack of room availability, construction, or something along those lines.

Jenemmy
07-31-2007, 12:34 PM
HI there...not to contradict Faline, because she is correct. But, I thought I would share my experience last summer.

We were booked during free dining at POP and my dh decides one day that, what they heck, let's upgrade to the Contemporary. Always one to do my husband's bidding ;), I called after the free dining promo had ended and was indeed told that there was no availability. Some people here on the board suggested persistance (thanks, Jen!) and after about 5 trys, I was moved to the CR with free dining intact. IT isn't easy, or guaranteed. You have to get a CM who is willing to go the extra mile for you on the phone.

Good luck!!

TammiMcMan
07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Usually cancellations open up at other resorts at 45 days (when final package payments are due) and 7 days (room only). If you haven't been able to secure another resort by that time, chances are you are not going to be able to.

Lizzie
07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
After trying to change hotels after we booked the free dinning and the time had run out this is what we found out.

It is always going to show up on the CM computer that their is no availabilty because that package is not available. You are going to have to try to get a cast member who will work with you. The one we called, called the other hotel to see if there was any availability under this package. He pretty much had to backdoor everything. Most CM we talked to just said it was full. We explained when we looked on the website and tried to do a new reservation it showed rooms available.

Its all in who you talk to.

TheRustyScupper
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
1) Changing hotels happens more than most would think.
2) However, usually it is because of dissatisfaction.
3) But, you could ask, and usually be granted the request.
4) Based upon availability, of course.
5) But, you usually move at Rack Rates.
6) And typically without any deals (eg. Free DDP).

Dizneyfan
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks for all the info and tips.:thumbsup:

Dicecatt262
08-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I would call and ask to speak to Guest Services. They are the ones that can help, not the CMs that answer the phones initially. The CMS that answer the phones will just see no availability for your promotion. Guest services can see more than that! Downgrading might be a bigger problem, but if you are upgrading, they may be able to help you.