PDA

View Full Version : Getting Around...Horseback Riding

Walt's Reverent Scholar
07-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Our trip in October, on one of our free days we made reservations to go Horseback riding! We are staying at the Poly. How do we get from the Poly to the kennel?

I thought a hike on the Wilderness Swamp Trail might be a good diversion. Is it worth it?:confused: Also, it look like it would be a mighty long walk from the Kennel to the lake to walk the trail, can you walk it or is there some other way to get there?

Also thought it might be fun to check out the Wilderness Lodge, it the lodge within walking distance from Ft. Wilderness?:confused:

Thanks--

MartyS
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Unless y'all have a car, the best way would be to take the monorail to MK, then take a bus to Fort Wilderness. The bus stop is right by the Tri Circle D stables. You could take a boat from MK, which is more fun, but you would have to take the internal bus from the boat dock to the other end of Fort Wilderness. It's quite a long walk from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge, maybe take the boat .

faline
07-31-2007, 05:56 AM
Last I heard, the Swamp Trail had not been well maintained. Take an internal bus to get to Pioneer Hall which will be in the area of the trail.

Wilderness Lodge is within walking distance from the Pioneer Hall area - or you can take the boat from the dock in the Pioneer Hall area.

KylesMom
07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
I just want to ensure you're looking for the stables for the horses and not the kennel. :mickey: The kennel is actually a quick walk from the Poly (near the Transportation and Ticket Center) and where many folks house their dogs while they venture around property. If you tell the busdriver your destination is the kennels, you may not end up where you wish to be. :blush:

Walt's Reverent Scholar
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks Marty, Linda and Carol! Yes, I definitely want the ranch with the horses...I'll be sure to clarify for the bus driver!!

Has anyone recently been on the Swamp Trail?