PDA

View Full Version : Need help planning surprises!

BelleKP
07-30-2007, 10:37 PM
So my best friend and I are travelling to the world in 25 days :D:cloud9: She's had a pretty rough year so I want to make this trip extra special . . . she's only been one other time before and that trip was spent focused on her twin 2 year old boys . . . and she is going for the first time to really take everything in!
Anyways, I've already planned a few surprises for her, but was thinking it would be extra special if I had a different surprise for her every day. We're going for 5 days and here's what I've got planned so far . . .
Day 1) we're staying at POFQ instead of Pop like she thinks
Day 2) we're going to La Nouba (her birthday present from me)
Day 3) ?? (we'll be at MK)
Day 4) ?? (we'll be at DS)
Day 5) we're going to the Princess breakfast in Norway . . .
So does anyone have an idea of what the other two surprises could be? I'm definitely not loaded and have spent a fair bit of $$ on the other 3 surprises, so if there are any inexpsensive ideas out there, I would be thrilled to hear them!
Thanks!

Mickey91
07-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Well, I'm not coming up with anything except maybe taking her to meet her favorite character. Maybe the dream team will do something!:mickey: Also, if you can spare another $35.00, a carriage ride at POR would be nice. Have you ever been to Beauty and the Beast when 4 for a dollar open? I think they are there on Tues and Thurs. It is awesome! Check with your concierge. Sorry to not be of more help.

BelleKP
07-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Maybe the dream team will do something!:mickey:
Ooooo . . . I can only hope!!! :fingers:

Also, if you can spare another $35.00, a carriage ride at POR would be nice.
I love this idea . . . however, seeing as we are only going for 5 days, I don't know how much time we will spend at the resort . . . if we do end up taking some downtime though, I will definitely do this! Thanks for the ideas! :thumbsup:
Anyone else? :scratch::D

fielin
07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
What about Day 3 : Go to California Grill in time for Wishes, just to have a drink. You'll have to check that you can make an ADR just for a drink, but I think that it's perfectly acceptable, as CG is at the same time a restaurant and a bar.

Day 4 : go back mid day or late in the evening to the monorail and ask to come in the driver's cabin ? We went there at 10pm, and there was nobody ! We got do the whole loop in the driving cabin, chatting with the driver !

Hope these ideas will help !

Deesdisney
07-31-2007, 10:40 AM
What about a special picture for the two of you that you can remember the trip by. Like in front of the castle or in front of your favorite ride. Even with her favorite character and get a frame with the year on it. We do this every time we go.

DDuck66
07-31-2007, 10:49 AM
This would probably not be considered inexpensive, but if you use the photopass you can get a CD of all your pictures for $100.00. The CD and the the rights to print them anywhere come along with the purchase. That way you can take the CD to Wal-mart. Walgreens, etc and have any pictures made in whatever sizes you do.
Another idea is to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!!! it is not real expensive and you get to see a lot of the "magic" behind the scenes at the MK.

Wrigley
07-31-2007, 11:35 AM
If she is a fan of Winnie the Pooh you could make early reservations for the Crystal Palace for breakfast and then you will be in the park before it opens. There is great food and great character interaction at the CP. Also, when you are finished with your meal it is always neat to go out and get a great picture of yourselves with the castle in the background since there won't be a ton of people to get in your way!!!:mickey:

Tick-Tock
07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Do a scavenger hunt or a Hidden Mickey hunt in the MK (you can find quite a bit of info on these on the Internet).

Buy her a pin of her favorite character or attraction.

disneyfan328
07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I think everything you are already doing sounds so great!!!!

Do you have any dining reservations that you could ask them to do something special for her at ( cake confetti on the table ) anything like that?

You could just do something simple like leave her a tiara and a sash( not to expensive at Clarie's ) and a certificate that you could do and print up yourself and make her Princess for a Day!!! you could get a nice Tiara at Claire's for not too much (10-15$? they are the ones the girls use for proms)

or maybe just have a t shirt made for her or something little like that

Also to let you and the PP know the photopass CD is up to 124.95 now.

Good Luck with whatever you decide. There are some websites that have free or nearly free things to do at disney maybe you could take some time and do some of those?

BelleKP
07-31-2007, 07:29 PM
or maybe just have a t shirt made for her or something little like that
That sounds like a great idea, she loves Aurora, so maybe I could get one made for her with her on it!! :thumbsup:

Also to let you and the PP know the photopass CD is up to 124.95 now.
Thanks for that info too, we are both huge scrapbookers, so we were definitely planning on taking advantage of the PP CD!

Do a scavenger hunt or a Hidden Mickey hunt in the MK (you can find quite a bit of info on these on the Internet). Buy her a pin of her favorite character or attraction.
I think I will do this also, maybe combine the two suggestions . . . give her points for every Mickey she finds than her "prize" at the end of the day can be a pin!!

What about a special picture for the two of you that you can remember the trip by. Like in front of the castle or in front of your favorite ride. Even with her favorite character and get a frame with the year on it. We do this every time we go.
I'm definitely going to do this . . . and give her the frame on the plane ride home! :thumbsup:
Thanks so much everyone for the ideas!!
I hope these things will make our trip extra special!
24 more days to go!!! :cloud9::mickey:

divinedi
07-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid, I just wanted to say that you have got to be the nicest friend:number1:!!! What a lovely thing to do for your friend after a bad year, I'm sure that everything that you have planned will be greatly appreciated and just being able to spend time with you and knowing how much you care about making her trip great will be the best present, anything else will be icing on the cake. Have a great time, you certainly deserve it!:angel:

tinksmom02
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid, I just wanted to say that you have got to be the nicest friend:number1:!!! What a lovely thing to do for your friend after a bad year, I'm sure that everything that you have planned will be greatly appreciated and just being able to spend time with you and knowing how much you care about making her trip great will be the best present, anything else will be icing on the cake. Have a great time, you certainly deserve it!:angel:

Exactly what I was going to say! :number1:

jenny1976
08-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi,
First of all, let me commend you on your efforts to make your friend's trip special!
I have a few suggestions...
There are baskets with candy at the Disney Florist for $30-40.
Tell the CM @ the hotel you want to do something special for her, they always come up with a card or something.
Ask the CM at her favorite attraction if they have chosen their magical moment person, not guaranteed but she could be picked.
Buy her a little gift and have her favorite character give it to her at a Character Breakfast.
Buy her a small glass slipper in the glass shop on Main St.
Take her to the MK early in the morning and go to one of the stores (I forget the name) where you can wake up Tink.
Talk to your PP photographer and ask him if he could take one of the pictures where you look like you are holding Tink.
And FInally, buy her one of the charm bracelets they sell in the park and a special charm to put on it.
Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 04:40 AM
You are the kind of friend that keeps on giving, you are a keeper. My thought for day 4 is maybe hop on the monorail and watch Wishes! from Poly's beach. It would be a great treat!!

Bubbie Girl
08-02-2007, 12:14 PM
You sound like a wonderful Friend. From the beaches at Poly, grand Floridian, WL, and I think Contemporary you can watch the Electric Water Parade. It is a floating parade and very beautiful and fun to watch. You can find out the times from any resort. I believe its around 9p.m. but it arrives at the different resorts at different times. After that you can remain on the beach and watch the fireworks if you are on the poly beach. Very nice and its free!

Last week we ate at the Coral Reef in Epcot and we were seated by the fish tank and 3 scuba divers came down with a sign for the women next to us from her husband wishing her a Happy Birthday . It was very cool. The Husband told us that it was free all you had to do was call in and ask they will make up whatever kind of sign you want. His wife was very suprised and they had a seat right next to the tank. The food was wonderful at that restaurant. If you are on the dining plan try for this place for sure.