PDA

View Full Version : What should i do during F&W fest

Crow
07-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Ive only been to one and sampled a few of the booths.
I didnt do the Party for the Senses or the other special events. it seems a little exp. and there are the wine pairings i see. or should i just sample the booths?

snifflesmcg
07-30-2007, 09:11 PM
I would snack and drink at various boothes.

paulsheri
07-30-2007, 09:22 PM
enjoy yourself, and have fun !

tinksmom02
07-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't drink wine, and wouldn't shell out the big bucks for the PFTS, so I would sample around the world. However, I don't think $45 is that bad for the wine pairings, and I've read here that they can be lots of fun. If you enjoy wine, I would try one of those!

wendy*darling
07-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Definitely "snack around the world"!

I would try to add at least one of the special programs.
I think if you are unsure about what to try- start with one of the F&W Pairings. They are small and very well presented.

I don't even like wine- and I thoroughly enjoyed the one we went to! (Much to my DH's disappointment- he didn't get to drink my wine! ;))

If you don't want to spend the big bucks this time around- the F&W Pairing is the way to go. :thumbsup:

Mickey91
07-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I voted Le Cellier. Coral Reef is a close second. Can you do both?

LibertyTreeGal
07-30-2007, 10:26 PM
I hate wine too, so I'd just snack and save the money :mickey:

SallyP
07-31-2007, 07:33 AM
Definitely 'Eat & Enjoy Beverages Around the World' - that's what the Festival is all about!

If you are able, do one of the Food & Wine Pairings. But don't wait until you get there to make a reservation. Le Cellier's availability goes quickly the first day of reservations. The atmosphere and the dress are casual.

We have attended Coral Reef's for the past two years. As you can see the parings differ from year to year and the menus depend on the guest chef. The wineries also differ from year to year. When you make reservations in August you (and they) have no idea what will be served.
Here are the pairings we enjoyed:
First Pairing
Markham Chardonnay
Grilled Swordfish on Lobster Risotto
With an Asparagus Nage
Second Pairing
Markham Merlot
Pan Seared Scallops over Vegetable
Matignon with Buerre Blanc Caviar
Third Pairing
Markham Cabernet Sauvignon
Beef Tenderloin over Roasted Potatoes and Corn
Finished with a Veal Glaze

2006 - all champagnes - I enjoyed (DH did not since he doesn't like champagne)
First Pairing
Mumm de Cramant
Jamaican Jerk Scallops
Melon Frisee Salsa and Honey Citrus Butter
Second Pairing
Mumm Cordon Rouge
Tuna Tataki Nagiri Style with gingered carrots
Third Pairing
Mumm Carte Classique
Dueling Sorbets
Honey Dew vs Lychee

Crow
07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
thanks for that wine pairing review.
sounds like i might go w that.
the PFTS always sounds good, but w the $$ and the fact that i will b solo....
i figure i could do 1 or 2 of the pairings instead and snack:beer::marg:around the world.
i like wine,beer,champagne,slushies so thats no problem.
i am doing the free dining for 6 nights at Pop, then 3 nights WL wo the dining so figured i would snack at the fest those last 3 days.

mickey-mouse35
07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the wine pairing review/menu. Would love to hear from more who did that to help me choose which one to pick!

mickey-mouse35
07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
thanks for that wine pairing review.
sounds like i might go w that.
the PFTS always sounds good, but w the $$ and the fact that i will b solo....
i figure i could do 1 or 2 of the pairings instead and snackaround the world.
i like wine,beer,champagne,slushies so thats no problem.
i am doing the free dining for 6 nights at Pop, then 3 nights WL wo the dining so figured i would snack at the fest those last 3 days.

Sounds like an awesome plan! :mickey:

DrumTastik
07-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Crow, you and I have crossed paths a few times on threads pertaining to Epcot beers and food. You are in for a treat this fall my friend. We have been going every Fall for the past 4 years specifically for the F&W fest. Last year was the first year we booked a wine pairing event (Sushi & Saki at Teppan Edo). It was a great experience, and I suspect others are as well.

Snacking around the different booths is a great time too, you will find beers and wines not normally offered at Epcot (don't forget to score a festival recipe book). There are free wine and beer tasting events offered throughout the day. Definitely hit the Sam Adams tasting, and the InBev (beers of the world) in UK. The festival center will host a different winery or distillery each day (again free).

Have a great time! Prost!:beer:

Crow
07-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Crow, you and I have crossed paths a few times on threads pertaining to Epcot beers and food. You are in for a treat this fall my friend. We have been going every Fall for the past 4 years specifically for the F&W fest. Last year was the first year we booked a wine pairing event (Sushi & Saki at Teppan Edo). It was a great experience, and I suspect others are as well.

Snacking around the different booths is a great time too, you will find beers and wines not normally offered at Epcot (don't forget to score a festival recipe book). There are free wine and beer tasting events offered throughout the day. Definitely hit the Sam Adams tasting, and the InBev (beers of the world) in UK. The festival center will host a different winery or distillery each day (again free).

Have a great time! Prost!:beer:
:beer: the only time i went i did do the Sam Adams tasting and liked that! i did enjoy a few tastes around the booths, so thats what i will probably do mostly

Natazu
08-01-2007, 02:31 AM
Wine pairings are fun, but you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes you get served things you just don't like. We do one or two each year but I don't get overly excited about them. I am really looking forward to this "food & scotch pairing" thing.
I couldn't imagine a F&WF without Party for the Senses. I think it's the best event Disney offers and it's worth every penny. In spite of the price, we went to three last year. Each one was better than the last. I tell you what, Crow. Go to one and if you don't think it's absolutely awesome, I'll buy you a Food & Wine Pairing next year.
Some restrictions apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited by law. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Crow
08-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Wine pairings are fun, but you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes you get served things you just don't like. We do one or two each year but I don't get overly excited about them. I am really looking forward to this "food & scotch pairing" thing.
I couldn't imagine a F&WF without Party for the Senses. I think it's the best event Disney offers and it's worth every penny. In spite of the price, we went to three last year. Each one was better than the last. I tell you what, Crow. Go to one and if you don't think it's absolutely awesome, I'll buy you a Food & Wine Pairing next year.
Some restrictions apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited by law. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
:cool: hmmmm now to think $135 for PFTS= 2+FW pairings=many diff snacks and :beer:from the booths...:confused:but i may get a free one next yr...
right now im leaning towards the booths mainly and mayb 1 pairing...the main reasons being $$$ and that ill b solo.
do you have the official title of grand food guru here yet Jym

KAT1811
08-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Wine pairings are fun, but you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes you get served things you just don't like.

Precisely why I said to snack/drink around the world that way you're almost guaranteed to like what you get. If for some reason you don't like what you get it's no big deal when you're sampling but when you've already paid $45 I'd think that you'd want to like what you're getting.

Plus I don't know about you but I'm all set with a taste. I'll have the full glass thank you.

Natazu
08-02-2007, 02:41 AM
do you have the official title of grand food guru here yet JymI've been called, um, assorted stuff before. And there was that possum thing. No titles though.