PDA

View Full Version : Epcot- Dinner help

murphy1
07-30-2007, 12:19 PM
We are having lunch at Garden Grill and I tried to get Le Cellier for dinner, but it's booked, so is Japan Teppanyaki or whatever it's going to be called. I made a res for Ohana but I think I would like to see if you all had any other suggestions. I looked at Marrakesh and San Angel (my kids are leaning towards that one, they love the atmosphere and they love Mexican food and the menu looks great) Can I get a colored Margarita inside the restaurant like you can at the Marg. Stand? Any suggestions appreciated!! We have been to Ohana a couple of times but I would like to try something else this time. We can do CS or TS too for dinner.

SBETigg
07-30-2007, 12:31 PM
My kids love San Angel Inn. It has been their favorite since their first visit and we always have to go back, which is not a problem. Admittedly, it's not the best Mexican food but it's good and the atmosphere is fantastic. I'm not sure if you can get a layered margarita. I'm usually a margarita on the rocks person instead of frozen, but I get frozen Mango margaritas at San Angel- yum.

Figgyluv03
07-30-2007, 12:32 PM
DBf and I can't decide between Nine Dragon and Coral Reef. I hear so many bad stories about Coral Reef, but I love the ocean and I think the restruant is beautiful. I would really love to eat at Nine Dragons, but I hear it might be closing for rehab. I highly doubt it will take 10 months to do, so I'm keeping my figures crossed so we can eat there.

BelleBeauty
07-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I think San Angel would be a great option. We always get an ADR for Rose & Crown so that we can have preferred viewing for Illuminations.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Have you considered trying to move Garden Grill to dinner and checking for Teppanyaki or LeCellier for lunch? It might be easier to get ADRs for those at lunchtime.

wendy*darling
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Switching lunch for dinner is a good suggestion.

My other suggestion is that you call WDW Dining back and find out what IS available at this time for the end of October.
I am afraid that if you get your heart set on any other good recommendations, you may find they are also book already.

San Angel and Marrakesh are both favorites in my family. The atmosphere in Mexico is lovely- and yes, you can get any kind of margarita you want in there :marg:!
Marrakesh has terrific food and the live music and belly dancer makes it a very special place indeed :)!
You will be fine at either of them.
The Biergarten in Germany is another fun place :beer:!

If you intend to stay in Epcot for the evening- just ask to see what restaurants have openings for your date. Be flexible with the time, and you should be able to find something.

jwallace378
07-30-2007, 02:41 PM
San Angel is a great choice. If you like seafood, Coral Reef has a great atmosphere in a huge underwater tank.

Natazu
07-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Marrakesh is really good, one of my favorites. We go every trip. I'd say the girls would love the free belly dancing lessons.

Can't say anything bad about San Angel Inn. It would be a fine choice also. They have much more to offer than the usual Mexican restaurant and I believe they do have the frozen margaritas like the ones on the street.

Thumbs up also to Coral Reef and 9D.

murphy1
07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Called and got San Angel, so we're all set, thanks for the replies. I can't wait to go now!