PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean/Bahama's all-inclusive ideas?

bleukarma
07-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Me and a group of high school friends are planning a trip to the Caribbean or the Bahama’s in October 2008. We were discussing either a cruise or flying to an all-inclusive hotel and we voted for all-inclusive. Does anybody have and ideas, experiences or recommendations on all-inclusive hotels in either the Bahama’s or on a particular Caribbean island? We really don’t have any criteria, as long as it’s all-inclusive and has a beach. Right now I’m looking at Breeze’s Bahama’s and it looks interesting. We are going to be about six 20-something’s looking to get away from everyday life and spending time with each other on the beach. We chose October because it seems to be the value season, yet it’s still nice and warm. I know it’s over a year away but we want to plan early and start making payments on whatever we decide. Any tips or experiences that anybody has will be greatly appreciated! :mickey:

gwfx1031
07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I can offer a place to avoid. The Holiday Inn on Paradise Island is not worth it. It is on the harbor side and not the all inclusive experience you would want. All inclusive is the way to go as the Bahamas are expensive.

bleukarma
07-31-2007, 09:33 AM
I can offer a place to avoid. The Holiday Inn on Paradise Island is not worth it. It is on the harbor side and not the all inclusive experience you would want. All inclusive is the way to go as the Bahamas are expensive.

Thanks! I'll make sure to stay away from that one if I run across it in my research! :mickey:

Mary Poppins
08-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi

The only all-inclusive we've done was Sandals St. Lucia and it's considered ulta-inclusive. EVERYTHING is included. It was so nice to have paid everything up front. All we needed was spending money for sovenirs, excursions etc. It's a little pricey but so worth it. We really enjoyed St. Lucia. Very beautiful but lots of poverty. In a weird way that's kind of what made it so charming. Locals were friendly but there are people everywhere trying to sell you their goods and can be very pushy about it--I think a lot of the islands are like this though. We also went in October. It was nice as tourist season was winding down, however we did have rainy days as the islands are still in hurricane season. Like I said, just rain when we were there but something to keep in mind.

Happy planning :marg:

Dedivah
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
If you are looking for all inclusive definitely go the Beaches/Sandals route.

They have different resorts all over the caribbean some are for adults only as well.

bleukarma
10-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, we decided on the Viva Wyndham Fortuna on Grand Bahama Island. We decided to move it to a week in June, that way we are out of hurricane season. Also...all of us are kind of anxious to get there! haha I'm looking forward to going, I wish it was next week! But if anybody has any tips or advice on Grand Bahama, I would love to hear anything and everything. All of us that are going (6) have never been to the Bahama's. Thanks so much!!!! :mickey: