PDA

View Full Version : Photopass question

DisneyAddict62
07-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I assume you cannot include the pics taken at the restaurants on your photo pass, correct? I'd like to purchase the CD, but we don't really take all that many pics with the photographers in the parks. Maybe we will this time! Also, I was looking at the site about prepurchasing the CD for a discount. Can you pick up the CD before you leave, or do they have to send it to you?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
I assume you cannot include the pics taken at the restaurants on your photo pass, correct?Correct.

BelleBeauty
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I believe you can pre-purchase the CD at any of the photo centers. I'm not sure how long in advance you have to purchase, so not sure how many days' worth of photos would then not be included on your CD.

They are testing adding attraction photos to the photopass - right now it is done at Test Track. Hopefully, they will start adding this feature all over the World!

mickey-mouse35
07-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Actually I thought you COULD add photos from restaurants to the CD. My sister had photos from her character breakfast at Crystal Palace on hers. I don't know for sure, though, having never used it myself. Can't wait to try it, though!

Jared
07-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Actually I thought you COULD add photos from restaurants to the CD. My sister had photos from her character breakfast at Crystal Palace on hers. I don't know for sure, though, having never used it myself. Can't wait to try it, though!
I have no experience with Disney's PhotoPass but also thought shots from character meals could be added onto the CD. I will do some further research and try to find a definitive answer.

SurferStitch
07-30-2007, 12:33 PM
I was told at 'Ohana that the only way they would add the photos to our Photopass was if we agreed to purchase the photo package they offered at the restaurant.

I told them I was buying the CD, so I wouldn't need the prints, but they said unless I spent the money on the package offered, they wouldn't add the photo to the Photopass.

Needles to say, I declined.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
You do have to purchase the rest. pics and then take them to a photopass place and they can use some code on them to put them onto your photopass.
Also, you can pre-order your CD before your trip. It is cheaper this way. (It was in a post the other day about Photopass tips). Definately order your CD from home though, because if you order in park you can't add borders to your pics.
Hope this helps!
Jen

True Disney Fan
07-30-2007, 06:51 PM
:thumbsup:We just returned and as I witnessed while waiting in line for pictures, CDs were available at the time of purchase. Several customers ahead were being quoted as about $130.00 and up. Probably depended on number of pictures.(????)/

:(Unfortunately, for the third straight visit in the past year and a half, we were not satisfied with the overall quality of any of the multiple pictures that had been taken thru the four parks. Most were blurred, not focused with foreground or background and coloring was off.

The cast member, at the counter, apologized and said that problems were with the cameras being used. This has been the "on-going" excuse for these past several attempts. With finances at Disney, one would think of using better equipment or giving the cast member photographer, a crash course in picture taking.

The good ones, that came out, and we took home were at Chef Mickey's Character Breakfast and the Hoop Dee Do Review at Fort Wilderness. Their, the cast photographer at least takes the time to focus and snap the picture.

We had a great time and all I can say is :number1:Thanks goodness for the digital cameras we had with us.

dolphinmickey9170
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
When we had dinner at the castle, we went to the expo hall at the end of Main Street, told them the time of the dinner reservation, our name and the man behind the counter added in my Cinderella pix to my CD. Not a problem. So, it can happen.

The CD can be purchased at the park before you go home. The price is the same no matter how many pix you have. We had a couple of hundred of them after we made the fun borders. If you take your card home with you and go on line then, you can add borders, make cards, make a scrap book all by disney. Go to photopass.com and check it out. That's the site on the card you will receive. Our disc was $124.99 no matter how many pictures you have.

Mnchknbrat1982
07-30-2007, 10:28 PM
anyone know where the closest photopass location would be to add the pictures of my character meals at the Crystal Palace and at Chef Mickey's?

jszczur5
07-30-2007, 11:52 PM
We picked up our CD on our way out of MGM on our way home. We were able to preview all the pics that had been taken up to about an hour or so before. Anything taken within that last 60-90 minutes was available on-line when we got home.

Lizzie
07-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I am confused now. We ordered the cd last October for $100 and it had over 200 pictures on it. Has the cost gone up? And when we got the pictures they were just basic non edited pictures. So if I get home and combine all my cards and order it from home or online I get options? I thought I understood this program now I am confused. What is the website again?

Thanks.

Catwillow
07-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Last year the option of borders and addons wasn't an "option" on the CD. You can get the borders & add-ons - added to the photos while still on a Disney location. However, once you purchase the CD (at one of the Photopass kiosks/desks) the option to add addons and borders is not there on the disc...you have to do all the borders & add-ons there.

IF you wait and purchase your CD online THEN you get the, borders and add-ons ADDED to the CD. Yes, the price did go up. Yes, you can have multiple photopass cards put on 1 disc. I have heard 300+ can be put on the disc. I know for a fact you can put 250+ because we did it. I have also heard that there are 'deals' that are offered online??? I don't know if that is fact or not.

Hope that helps.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Last year the option of borders and addons wasn't an "option" on the CD. You can get the borders & add-ons - added to the photos while still on a Disney location. However, once you purchase the CD (at one of the Photopass kiosks/desks) the option to add addons and borders is not there on the disc...you have to do all the borders & add-ons there.

IF you wait and purchase your CD online THEN you get the, borders and add-ons ADDED to the CD. Yes, the price did go up. Yes, you can have multiple photopass cards put on 1 disc. I have heard 300+ can be put on the disc. I know for a fact you can put 250+ because we did it. I have also heard that there are 'deals' that are offered online??? I don't know if that is fact or not.

Hope that helps.
This is the only thread I totally agree with.
We were there March 2006.
Yes, we had 2 photopasses that we combined onto 1 CD.
Yes, we added borders, dates, etc. while we were there at Disney. We were told if you wait until you get home to add these options, then you would pay additional for them at that time.
The other nice thing about adding the borders is that you get both the original picture without the border as well as your "doctored-up" picture. We had bunches of pictures on our CD also.
Yes, we only paid $100.00 for it. Well worth the $$$!!
We had no problem with blurry pictures. A few photographers did not wait for all 4 of us to pose.:tink:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 12:04 AM

Hope that helps.
This is the only thread I totally agree with.
We were there March 2006.
Yes, we had 2 photopasses that we combined onto 1 CD.
Yes, we added borders, dates, etc. while we were there at Disney. We were told if you wait until you get home to add these options, then you would pay additional for them at that time.
The other nice thing about adding the borders is that you get both the original picture without the border as well as your "doctored-up" picture. We had bunches of pictures on our CD also.
Yes, we only paid $100.00 for it. Well worth the $$$!!
We had no problem with blurry pictures. A few photographers did not wait for all 4 of us to pose.:tink:

Lizzie
08-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the information. :mickey:

BrerStitch
08-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Mnchknbrat1982 anyone know where the closest photopass location would be to add the pictures of my character meals at the Crystal Palace and at Chef Mickey's?

The closest photopass place for the Crystal Palace would probably be in Toontown at the County Fair tent. Go to the middle of the store and there is a large counter there for photos etc.

As for Chef Mickeys....I guess you could hop the monorail and get off at the Grand Floridian, I know there is a booth on the second floor I believe. We viewed ours there while waiting to go to our ADR at 1900 Park Fare last year. Or you can just head to the MK again. Hope that helps!