PDA

View Full Version : Child care services

RBrooksC
07-30-2007, 07:59 AM
My child will be 19 months when we visit WDW in September. Has anybody ever used the child care services for infant/toddlers? If so, could they offer details about the babysitters, how much they cost, etc? Any information would be appreciated.

BigRedDad
07-30-2007, 08:07 AM
I don't believe Disney offers childcare directly for a 19 month old. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. However, there are private sitting companies that will do it in your room. You can go to InfoCentral here on Intercot to get more details. I have read that people love Fairy Godmothers.

RBrooksC
07-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Yes, I do know it is contracted through outside companies. However, we just want details so we can decide if that is something we want to do or if we will just abide by our sons schedule and end everything at 8 PM or so.

Mickey'sGirl
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
After years of debating and then chickening out, we finally used Kids Nite Out in April for our two boys (our youngest son is 3). I would not hesitate to use their services again. You can google their name to get the rates. There is a minimum 4 hour charge, and we tipped Sarah (a really terrific young woman). It was not cheap, but that is fine. I felt comfortable leaving the boys with Sarah and using Kids Nite Out.:thumbsup:

jenfriend
07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
This is a mom and pop sort of company. The owner runs it out of her home. Everything is on the up and up though. Our fairy godmother came to our room, I spoke to her about her qualifications and my children, then introduced her to my children. She was in her early 50s and does this as her FT job. I had my children's dinner ready. She fed them, took them to the resort playground (no swimming - my orders and hers), read books to them, and had them in bed when we returned. My kids 6,8,&2 at the time liked her very much. There was a flat fee and then an hourly fee. I will try to locate the phone number. We would use this service again. There are at least two other services. They are both commercially owned and operated.