PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Pompano Grill?

Dakota Rose
07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
On our my first trip to the World in 1988, we went to have dinner aboard the Empress Lilly but it was booked. The host told my parents (I was 11) about some 'new' restaurant he could get us into and sent us to a dock attached to the EL. We boarded a little boat, and took what seemed to be a 15-20 min ride to a huge restaurant. I only recall fuzzy details like big high backed chairs, and real linen napkins. And walking down some stairs.

Ever since this trip, I've tried to figure out what restaurant this was and what is there in its place now. Based on some stuff I found tonight, I think it might have been Pompano Grill. Now, of course, that's where the SSR is.

Does anyone remember this restaurant? If you do, can you tell me if this is the restaurant I remember? And, tell me more about it like what did they serve, etc? Do you have any pictures? Anything?

ytzking
07-30-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm going to try to paste a website for you.:confused:
http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id153.htm

Dakota Rose
07-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks ytzking! :) I saw that website when I was trying to find the restaurant but forgot to bookmark it, so thank you! :)

I'm so excited to finally know where we ate that night! Now if I could only find an old menu or something....