PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Check Old Tickets With Days Left On

BRJARE3
07-29-2007, 07:32 PM
I have a few old tickets that my husband and I think have some days left on. How do I check them to see if this is the case? Where do I have to go? Can my sister check them, even if we have a different last name? She is going to Disney in Aug and it will be easier for us to plan our trip if we know in advance. Any help would be great.

faline
07-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Tickets can only be checked for unused days at Guest Relations at one of the parks or in Downtown Disney.

merlinmagic4
07-29-2007, 07:38 PM
I do know (from this board) that you can only check the days on tickets at an actual Guest Relations in one of the parks. I don't see why your sister couldn't check the days for you. She could jot the number right on the tickets for you!

mainemajor
07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
they can check at any of the hotels for you, too.
I hope you have some uses left. :mickey:

CleveRocks
07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a few old tickets that my husband and I think have some days left on. How do I check them to see if this is the case? Where do I have to go? Can my sister check them, even if we have a different last name? She is going to Disney in Aug and it will be easier for us to plan our trip if we know in advance. Any help would be great.Before you go using those old tickets, keep in mind it might be in your best interest to NOT use them, but to save them for a future vacation.

Let me give you an example. Let's say that on this upcoming trip you plan to go to parks on 6 days. And let's say you have 2 days left on the old tickets. That means you'll need to buy a 4-day ticket for each of you.

That 4-day base ticket will cost you $215.13, and then you'll use the old tickets with 2 days left.

But wait! If you buy a new 6-day base ticket, it will cost you $221.52, only $6.39 more than the 4-day base ticket!!! That means that you will only be getting $6.39 of value for each of your old tickets.

If this scenario is something like your real scenario, then hold onto those old tickets. You never know when you might pop down to WDW to spend a quick 2 days in the parks. Right now, each new 2-day ticket costs $140.58!!! Don't give up those tickets for a measly $6.39 each when you could possibly get $140.58 of value from each of them in the future.

You'll need to do your own math for your own situation, but I hope you see my point ... don't just automatically and blindly use those left-over days just because you have them. Do the math and do whatever the numbers say is best!

vamaggie
07-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Before you go using those old tickets, keep in mind it might be in your best interest to NOT use them, but to save them for a future vacation.

don't just automatically and blindly use those left-over days just because you have them. Do the math and do whatever the numbers say is best!

I echo this point! We have a few old Park Hoppers with 1 or 2 days on them. When we looked at adding days for your Nov trip, the difference between 4 & 5 days was only a few dollars. We decided to save our old tickets (which don't expire) and buy the longer tickets for this trip since it was so cheap.