PDA

View Full Version : Hows Pop Century

WDWR FREAK
07-29-2007, 07:26 PM
:mickey: Hi im staying at Pop Century Value Resort and ive never stayed there before. Ive always stayed at All Star's! Could you tell me about it?:mickey::mickey:

kadesha
07-29-2007, 07:58 PM
We love Pop! They have the best arcade out of any of the resorts that I've visited, IMO. I think that the food court has a lot of selections, but they don't really change. You may be bored with the food by the end of your trip, but it's good. The pool areas are great. The hippy dippy pool is the main pool, in the 60's section and it has flower's that spray water in the pool. This is also where the kiddie pool is located. There is a tattoo and hair wrap station located by that pool as well. I'd advise getting a preferred room if possible, because the resort is HUGE!!!!! Our room was in the 50's section overlooking hourglass lake, and while we had an excellent view of the fireworks at Epcot, we were a million miles away from the bus! Pop also has a gift shop that is pretty big and carries lots of merchandise.

Jodi
07-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Let me first start out by saying, we are staying there for the 4th time this September. Every visit, except for last year was just fine. We ALWAYS order a refrigerator ahead of time so that we can store insulin in it. We just remind the front desk when checking in and our frig is delivered to the room within the hour. Well, it was not delivered for several hours, so, I contacted housekeeping and got an extremely rude woman who transferred me to the front desk who told me I had to speak with the rude woman....enough said, we did get our frig. THEN, we had requested a non-smoking room as none of us smoke. Our room REEKED of smoke our entire stay. A very nice gentleman from housekeeping came and deodorized our room once, which worked briefly.... We figured that people in the room next to us were smoking as when we put our noses to the door leading to the room next to us, it was just terrible !! I complained to the front desk and they basically said if they could not catch them in the act of smoking it was too bad, so sad....I was extremely disappointed in the so called service this time around. We all have bad days, but, we still get paid to do a good job. We'll give them a second chance. :cool:

lilmick
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
and were very happy with the accomodations. It is very colorful and we loved looking at the 'memory boxes' filled with things from the 50's through the 90's. We had a fourth floor room on the back side of one of the 60's buildings and our view was of Hourglass Lake (very pretty) and the unfinished buildings (00's - 40's). Mousekeeping was great and our particular spot was very quiet. The poolside rooms would have been too loud for us, since people are swimming until late in the night. All the services were excellent and the cast members were as nice as they are in all of Disneydom :) The worst thing about staying there is the walk to the bus stops at each park. It is always the furthest away! I knew that ahead of time (after reading it on these boards) so I had warned our kids (13 & 11) so it was fine for us but I felt sorry for those with little kids. Hope you have a GREAT trip!:mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-29-2007, 09:18 PM
I have stayed at ASM twice and Pop once. My only complaint about the Pop was the bus service. It was June, but I have traveled to WDW in the summer before and have never had such slow service with the buses. There were many times where we had to wait for one or two buses before we could even board one. I heard that while we were there they were having a bus driver shortage...I don't know if that was true or not. Other than that, we loved everything else about it!

mainemajor
07-29-2007, 09:26 PM
We stayed there laST year and loved it. Make sure you take some time to walk around the resort and take in all the POP has to offer. I loved the different pools, the giant foosball game to name a few things. All along the pathway around the resort are cool facts about the decade you are in. We stayed in the Roger Rabbit building - 90's I think. The pool there rarely was as crowded as the main one. We got our food at and ate it poolside. Very relaxing.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. :)

AnnieBananie
07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
My family has stayed there 3 times - all within a year! We loved POP! We had stayed in AS-Sports and liked it many years ago, but usually stayed in POFQ, CS, WL, etc....We just decided that by staying in POP, we could visit more often!! We weren't sure what to expect our first visit in Aug.,2006, but we LOVED POP. We made reservations for Dec. 06 and then again in May 07. It is a large resort, but there are shortcuts and we never felt we were walking too much there. We really liked our 3rd floor location in the 50;s poolside - quiet since we were on the 3rd floor. Parking was not very close here, but then in the 80's bldg.,3rd floor near the parking lot and bus stop, was a great location. Very close to Food Court/Shopping, too. So, POP is a great resort, good housekeeping, and our bus service was very good, also. Our family always travels with a small fan or white noise machine to block out hotel sounds because I'm a very light sleeper. It really helped me and I didn't hear anything from other guests. Sorry to ramble on, but I hope you will enjoy POP. I can't wait to go back!!:mickey::mickey:

wedway76
07-29-2007, 09:59 PM
We stayed at the Pop in the Spring 2006. If you are used to the All-Stars you won’t find the Pop all that different. We liked the layout of the food court and the gift shop a little better than at the All-Stars. For that reason and because it is newer, I would give it a slight edge over the other values.

Carolanne
07-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm a huge fan of Pop :mickey:. I've stayed there 4 times. It's such a cute & fun resort, the layout is very good...it's a great time!

GrmGrninGost
07-30-2007, 07:53 AM
We prefer the POP over the All-Stars. It is newer, has a better food court, usually the bus service is better and we like the atmosphere. :mickey:

Dedivah
07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
We love POP!!! :heart:

Mickey91
07-30-2007, 07:47 PM
It is awesome!! We love the foodcourt and the whole resort seems brighter. There are still some Disney Icons around and we think the bussing is better. It is very similar to the All Stars. Plus, it has icees on the beverage island!:mickey:

Crow
07-30-2007, 09:22 PM
my fourth stay is coming in Sept. all have been in the 50s area so far & i hope for that again.
it has its own pool in that area, backside of middle building had a view of fireworks, lake between the finishes & unfinished section. the walk isnt far to the main building.
its much better than Allstars cause its newer, more centrally located...icees, bar inside and outside the main building..

Here we go again...
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
If you have stayed at All Stars you will love Pop.

Here are some of the things that are better...
Newer rooms
Beautiful theming
Icee Machine
fun music playing
Decades are fun - check out all of the different sections

What you might not like...
The resort is HUGE compared to All Stars
The food court seems to have less of a selection
The food court is PACKED all the time
The check in line is LONG most of the time
The AC runs on a sensor. It turns off if you are gone or sleep in one position too long... and the room gets hot.

We have stayed at both and love Pop because it is newer. However, if we have to stay in a value again we will stick with one of the smaller resorts. I hated the crowds in the food court.

BugeyedMuggy
07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
we"ve stayed at the AS*S many times and have stayed at POP 3 times. We like the POP much better. The bus service was much better than the AS*S and don't forget you can see the fireworks from Epcot & Magic Kingdom from the back of buildings by the lake.(don't have a map on me) The kidde pool and the water jet area are a big plus for the little ones. All the value resorts have overcrowded food courts. The last trip to POP we also had smoke coming into our room from the vent in the bathroom. I hope the maid staff does a better job at reporting the people who are smoking in the rooms.

gauvin4
07-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I have statyed at both ASMu & POP and I prefer POP!! That is where we will be staying for our next trip as well. I love the theming and the layout. POP does not share busses with other resorts like the ASMU does. I found that to be a huge plus!! I hope you have a great trip!!:mickey:

Nate's Grandpa
07-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Pop is certainly a newer, nicer resort with better bus service.

However, as Angel has already pointed out, it is also much bigger than the All Star resorts.
Not in the amount of land occupied, but in the number of rooms.

Pop has 2,880 rooms.
All Star resorts have 1920 rooms.

I say this just to let you know what to expect in advance, not to discourage you. We stayed at Pop last year and really enjoyed it.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Pop is certainly a newer, nicer resort with better bus service.

However, as Angel has already pointed out, it is also much bigger than the All Star resorts.
Not in the amount of land occupied, but in the number of rooms.

Pop has 2,880 rooms.
All Star resorts have 1920 rooms.

I say this just to let you know what to expect in advance, not to discourage you. We stayed at Pop last year and really enjoyed it.

We agree with this too. It was the crowd factor that was an issue for us. Especially the food court, arcade, front desk, etc. If we would have found Intercot before our trip we would have been more prepared for that. ;)

We prefer Movies over Pop only because of the size and amount of people. Rooms, buses, grounds,pools were all great!!

Have a great trip!

Tink#64
08-02-2007, 01:44 AM
We love POP! It's our WDW home ! We've stayed 3 x in the 60's section, building #4, faces HourGlass Lake, and we don't consider it a far walk to the bus stops, or food court, this is a preferred building. DS's 10 & 11 love it as do DH & myself. We've considered trying something new, but we all enjoy Pop so much, we're thinking we might be disapointed somewhere else. It's such a fun atmosphere at Pop & that's why we come to WDW!