PDA

View Full Version : Family of 5: POR-RIV or 2 rooms at a value resort?

jenfriend
07-29-2007, 06:47 PM
The pricing is similar. We really like the Port-Riverside resort. Should we consider 2 value rooms?

mook3y
07-29-2007, 07:38 PM
IMHO so long as one of the 5 can comfortably sleep on the trundle bed, I would do POR. We love POR, the pool, the piano player, the food court, you can walk to POFQ for beignets ;) and the pool if you have little ones. Boat to DTD. Theming....

Only other consideration is you would get an extra bathroom.

Guya103
07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
:mickey:We have done POR with five in one room before our fourth child and were fine. Now that everyone is older the issue is not the sleeping but the bathrooms. POR is a wonderful resort; so scenic and quaint. If you feel that one bathroom is enough that I say you should be fine. If not, go with two rooms at a value. You are still on Disney no matter what! :mickey:

gardenia
07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I agree that it depends on your children's ages; we spent many vacations at POR with a trundle bed, until our three kids were just too big for the sleeping and bathroom arrangements. When they were 13-11-4 year old it was great, but at 16-14-7 it was too crowded.

jillluvsdisney
07-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I have stayed at POR and really loved it. For the sake of everyones sanity, however, I would book the 2 rooms just to have the extra bathroom. My cousin stayed at Poly with 5 in the room and said never again. It took too long for everyone to use the bathroom in the morning.

wickedwitch
07-30-2007, 08:56 PM
As a matter of fact just tonight I cancelled my two rooms at movies for one at POR..the more I thought about it and did some research the thought of peace and quiet at POR rather than the noise and crowds of movies won me over!! Just can't imagine doing 2 weeks at WDW and having even less sleep than usual!! Good luck in your planning!!!