PDA

View Full Version : Disney the first week of Jan?

Dawnya
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
So, what are the crowds like for the first week of Jan? We will be there from Dec. 29th (which I know will be crazy) to Jan 4th. I was just wondering what the crowds are like after New Years Day.

Strmchsr
07-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Crowds definitely improve after Jan 1. They're nuts up to that point, and don't drop to nothing afterwards, but you should begin to notice a real dropoff for your last couple of days.

texasteacher
07-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm glad you asked that question, because I will be there Dec 29 through Jan 3. I am also a little apprehensive about the crowds, but my travelling group could not go any other time. Good luck to both of us!

faline
07-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I've heard that a number of schools have the entire first week of January off this coming year. If this is widespread, crowds may be higher than normal for a bit longer after the 1st than is usual.

Donalds Duckie
07-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I believe the schools here in this part of Texas have the first week of January off school as well.

I'm considering January 5 to 12or 13. Returning home during MLK Day weekend would give me a one or two days at home before returning to work and, hopefully, be arriving at WDW when families are heading home to get the kids back in school.

I say as long as you are prepared for crowds you'll have a great time! After all, you will be at DisneyWorld!:mickey: