PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha?

mickey&missy
07-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm starting to think about what ADR's to make for our March trip. I'm sooo excited I can make them is a bit over a month (not that I have a package booked yet :mad: )

Since we're staying at :lei: Poly :tikki: I'm thinking of going to the Spirit of Aloha for a new experience.

I know we'll like the show, but I have a few questions...

1st whats the seating like? Is it similar to Hoop de Doo where they assign tables in order of ressie? I would hate to sit in the back and the kids not be able to see.

2nd whats the food like? I'm the kind of person who will try anything once but DH and FIL are kind of picky. Also, what do they have for the kids?

3rd I heard that Lilo and Stitch make an appearance, what kind of role do they play?

TIA!!

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm starting to think about what ADR's to make for our March trip. I'm sooo excited I can make them is a bit over a month (not that I have a package booked yet :mad: )

Since we're staying at :lei: Poly :tikki: I'm thinking of going to the Spirit of Aloha for a new experience.

I know we'll like the show, but I have a few questions...

1st whats the seating like? Is it similar to Hoop de Doo where they assign tables in order of ressie? I would hate to sit in the back and the kids not be able to see.

2nd whats the food like? I'm the kind of person who will try anything once but DH and FIL are kind of picky. Also, what do they have for the kids?

3rd I heard that Lilo and Stitch make an appearance, what kind of role do they play?

TIA!!

1. The seating is a square C shape all around the stage. Tier one is front and center. Tier 2 is on the sides of the C and Tier 3 is a foot or two higher but in the back of the C. There are poles around the dining area, so you may have to move a bit to see around them.

2. Tropical Mixed Green Salad with Mango-Poppy Seed Dressing
Sliced Pineapple
Polynesian Pineapple Coconut bread
Lanai Roasted Chicken
Island BBQ Pork Ribs
Polynesian Rice
South Seas Vegetables
Dessert
All you can drink -
Soda, Coffee, Tea, Lemonade, Milk, Draft Beer, Wine or the house cocktail.

Specialty cocktails also available for an additional fee.

For the Children Upon Request
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
Macaroni & Cheese
Mini Hot Dogs
Chicken Nuggets

These are all great items. My pickey 16yo DD loved it all. And she is a chicken finger/nugget french fry kind of girl.

May I recommend the Adult beverage that comes in a coconut monkey (name slips my mind) but delicious!! Also a blueberry coloada was yummy!!

3. Neither Lilo nor Stitch were at our showing. I don't believe they appear.

Have a great time and enjoy!

shan-ash
07-29-2007, 06:41 PM
we are also hoping to go to the show. Thanks for the detailed info:mickey:

Mickey91
07-30-2007, 11:06 PM
We went in 2003 and loved it. We loved everything! Food and Show!:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks for posting this mickey&missy!:thumbsup:
We will be attending our first Spirit of Aloha Luau in December, can't wait to experince this show!

jwallace378
07-31-2007, 10:00 AM
I went 4 years ago with 12 other family members for my grandmother's birthday. The show was great, but none of us seemed to enjoy the food. There was all different ages in our party and none of us were "picky eaters". Maybe it happened to be the night we were there, but we weren't thrilled with the food. Lilo and Stitch were not there either.

snifflesmcg
07-31-2007, 11:03 AM
I can't wait to see this for the first time in Sept.

gauvin4
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
We will be going for the 1st time in December and I can't wait. This was my daughters pick for our vacation. My son picked MVMCP.