PDA

View Full Version : Aaa ?

realtreebar
07-29-2007, 11:56 AM
thinking about joining AAA for our drive to disney world. any help on what they give for membership would be helpful, also do they have a discount promotion code for joining to save a little money if anyone could give me a promotion code that would be great too!

ibrowse17
07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I have and use AAA for our Disney trips. We use it mainly for room only discounts as we have AP's. I paid $60 or so for a year, which easily pays itself back with what you can save at Disney alone. AAA is well know for their road side and travel assistance. The trip ticks you can get from them are very good to have on trips. When it comes to using them for Disney discounts, I am not sure about the codes. I always have Magical Journey's book our trips. AAA is good at a lot of things, but not the best to deal with as far as Disney goes:thumbsup:

Donalds Duckie
07-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I use AAA for roadside assistance, trip ticks, AAA discounts on non-Disney hotels, etc. so I think it would definitely be worth joining for the drive from MN to FL.

Regarding WDW discounts, are you considering buying a WDW package (resort, park tickets, dining,) with an AAA discount? Or, room only w/AAA discount? If you are looking at room only AAA discounts I suggest you contact Magical Journeys.

I have an AP so book room only and I always use Magical Journeys for my Disney trips. I have always gotten an AAA discount on my room when AP rates were not available or were less than the AAA rate. And, even the years that I have not had an AP and have booked packages at WDW and Disneyland I booked them with Magical Journeys rather than AAA.

Hope this helps. Have fun planning!

When are you planning to drive to WDW?

snifflesmcg
07-29-2007, 03:00 PM
I swear by AAA! Make sure you get AAA Plus. They will tow you up to 100 miles of your choice. There are too many benifits to write down but trust me, it's come in handy for us.

vamaggie
07-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Have had AAA for over 20 years. Great for piece of mind while traveling, good discounts on hotels (and some shopping), free Trip Tik and guidebooks and maps. I only used them once to book a Disney trip--not too impressed. Using Magical Journeys this time. Think AAA is a great thing overall though.

faline
07-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I've had AAA for quite some time - mostly for ease of mind on the road. However, AAA does offer discounts in a variety of venues such as discounts on amusement park tickets, hotels (including Disney resorts), museums, movie tickets and the list goes on.

I've used AAA room discounts a few times - particularly when annual passholder discounts were not available or not available for the resort I wanted to stay in.

Donalds Duckie
07-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I swear by AAA! Make sure you get AAA Plus. They will tow you up to 100 miles of your choice. There are too many benifits to write down but trust me, it's come in handy for us.

Great point! Do be sure to go with AAA Plus. I always renew with AAA Plus. Living here in Texas it gives me peace of mind on the open highways. And, it came in handy once when I broke down on the way home from work. It didn't cost me a dime to be towed 45 miles to my auto repair shop in my hometown of Bastrop.

tigger24601
07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
we too are looking into getting AAA. mainly for peace of mind as well, my husband freaks out about me driving around with our 1yr old DD. however after much research we have found that it is cheaper to get our FL resident AP's through them rather than Disney. we had our friend, who will be joining us on our upcoming trip, purchase them today and she received a whole discount book for other (non disney) attractions that we are looking to do in the near future so we will definately be signing up as well.