PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question...not on FAQ :)

jokat
07-28-2007, 10:13 PM
We plan to visit the World during the week of our DDs 3rd birthday. I see the cost of the dining plan is broken out for children 3 and up, then the adult cost. Since I would be booking the trip prior to the actual 3rd birthday, would her entire dining plan be free the whole trip or would they prorate us for the days she's officially 2 and then charge for her after her b-day? :confused: I'm quite sure I'm over-thinking this but better safe than sorry... Thanks in advance!

snifflesmcg
07-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I belive that if you arrive and your child is still 2, you are fine. Even if the child turns 3 during the trip, they are still listed as a 2 yr old. However, if you arrive and your child is 3, then that is the price it will go by. I hope that clears some of it up.

CleveSJM
07-28-2007, 10:34 PM
snifflesmcg is right. It's based on the check-in date. The child is considered 3 or 10 at 12:01am on their birthday.

The only problem you may have is if you checkout of one resort and check-in to another after the birthday. It's all centered on the check-in date.

BronxTigger
07-28-2007, 10:36 PM
What sniffles said I believe is true.

However....be aware that they are changing the pricing matrix for 2008 for resorts to a system where they may charge different rates for different days. Previously, if you checked in during a certain season, that rate would hold throughout your stay. If this is changing, the policy for dining plan pricing based on check-in date may also change.

PalMickey
07-28-2007, 10:55 PM
In 12 years they have never ask to see any paper to valid the ages of my sons .The only request they are making is to see a photo id of the person who as book the package .:thumbsup:

WishingStar2006
07-29-2007, 03:03 PM
They are going to "tier" the price of the dining plan next year too???? :confused: I hadn't read that. I knew about the room rates but I didn't know about the dining plan too.

It's going to become impossible for a family to do a Disney Trip pretty soon!

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2007, 03:40 PM
To the best of my knowlegde, you are asked what the age of the child is on the day of travel. If you respond "2" than they aren't going to question it. You won't get charged for your child unless you tell them "3". It isn't being dishonest as they ask his/her age at travel time.

I would like someone to explain Wishingstar2006's comment on tier pricing for dining. What exactly does that mean?

DizneyRox
07-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Tiered Dining sounds like they will do sortof what they do with the Candleight Processional Dinner Package. There are three tiers, the most expensive would include a dinner at more expensive table service restaurants, the least gets you dinner at the buffets, etc.

I'm guessing that Tier One DDP will get you anyplace on property, but Tier Three you'll be limited to some of the less exclusive dining locations. All this talk of lack opf value must be making it up to somoene who can make a decision and hopefully they will fix it.

I just hope they don't go and sell too many tier threes and not enough tier ones and end up with folks not being able to get a place to eat because the tier three places are booked. Maybe they will do this based on resort. Values are tier three and deluxe would be tier one. Sounds like that might eliminate the possible overselling.

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Is this just a speculation, or is this truly in the works from Disney?

Jen C.
07-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Here is something to consider that has not been mentioned. Your DD, if considered 2, WILL NOT have ANY dining credits under your plan. Children under 3 are not elligible for the DDP. However, your DD could eat free at buffet or family style restaurants, such as character meals, but would not have CS credits, or snack credits, or be elligible to eat at any other TS. Any of those meals would be OOP.

DizneyRox
07-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Is this just a speculation, or is this truly in the works from Disney?
IT has not been officially anounced by Disney to the best of my knowledge. So anything regarding it is speculation at best, but there's usually some truth to the rumors that circulate.

disneyfan328
07-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Here is something to consider that has not been mentioned. Your DD, if considered 2, WILL NOT have ANY dining credits under your plan. Children under 3 are not elligible for the DDP. However, your DD could eat free at buffet or family style restaurants, such as character meals, but would not have CS credits, or snack credits, or be elligible to eat at any other TS. Any of those meals would be OOP.

I agree with the above - basically if you don't have a childs credit (which you won't if you go by the age 2 rule) then the child has to eat from one of the adult plates or would be free at a buffett. This does NOT mean that they eat free wherever you are becuase they are under 3. If you go to a place that is not a buffet and order something for the child then you pay for that oop.

Just want to be sure that all the facts are on here so that you can make the best decision. In any event, how much can a 2 almost 3 year old eat. Paying oop for those meals shouldn't be much so I wouldn't even worry about it.