PDA

View Full Version : Phihar Magic Wait times ????

disneyfanforever
07-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Is this a ride that you need to get a fastpass for? what are the best times to watch the show?

ryca1dreams
07-28-2007, 06:45 PM
This is a 3D movie. Usually (at least in the off season) you do not need a FP. There are plenty of seats, as long as everyone moves all the way to the end of the rows.:mickey:

I don't know what the best times are to go. We usually hit it in the morning after Peter Pan and Small World, but that's just because we are there.

Any other thoughts?

LovinWDW
07-28-2007, 06:45 PM
If you do this show within the first hour of the park opening you will be able to walk right in. We have a 5 year old and always do Fantasyland first thing as the park opens. Dumbo first, then Peter Pan, Pooh, Tea cups, Snow White, PHILHARMAGIC, and finish up with Small World. It all takes us about an hour.:thumbsup:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-28-2007, 06:57 PM
If you plan it (since it says when the next show starts), you shouldn't have to wait more than 10 minutes.

Speedy1998
07-28-2007, 07:34 PM
As with most shows, especially the ones that are continuosly showing, you should not need a Fastpass. This attraction seems to have the smallest crowds first thing in the morning, and late in the evening when the crowds in Fantasyland are the smallest.

Polynesian Dweller
07-28-2007, 09:50 PM
The only wait we've had if to wait for the previous showing to end. Less than 10 minutes usually. FP wouldn't be useful for this attraction IMHO.

snifflesmcg
07-28-2007, 10:10 PM
I've never waited long to see this show. I've already gotten to see it twice back to back.

jszczur5
07-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I have never waited long for this fabulous 3-D movie (the best of the four, actually). If the sign says that it's more than 20 minutes or so, cross over to IASW, hop right on, and the timing should be bang on to just walk right in to Philharmagic. (This is assuming that there is no wait for IASW, which there has never been in my experience.)

CuteAsMinnie
07-29-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't believe we've ever needed a fastpass here either. Sometimes in the middle of the afternoon during a hot summer afternoon we take in a second show because it's our 3D favorite:)

mickey-mouse35
07-29-2007, 03:07 PM
I was wondering why shows like this and the stunt show at MGM even have fast pass in the first place. Anyone know?

jszczur5
07-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I was wondering why shows like this and the stunt show at MGM even have fast pass in the first place. Anyone know?

My experience with the WDW parks has always been in the off-season. I understand that the peak summer days, American holidays, Christmas vacation, and March break are a totally different experience. My cousin and his family went in mid-July and they were lucky to take in four main attractions plus a few minor ones each day, including the use of fast passes. When we went last year, the week after labour day, the only fast pass machines in operation were for Soarin', EE, Test Track and Mission Space - original version, and then not even all the time for MS and TT.
I'm sure the fast passes come in handy at certain times of the year.

LudwigVonDrake
07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
You don't need a fast pass even in the summer time. The theater holds something like 400 people so you can usually get in without too much if a wait.

kadesha
07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I've saw this about a dozen times and i've never needed to get a fastpass. I've never waited more than 15 minutes to get in.

lilmick
07-29-2007, 08:43 PM
thrill-ride weenie so I only do the 'mild' attractions....and THIS IS MY FAVORITE ATTRACTION in all the parks!:magic: And we just got back from there (definitely a PEAK time) and only had to wait 15 minutes at the most. We saw the show 3 times (I wanted to go more often but my family deterred me :mickey:) and I smiled like a child the entire time. Just one of the MAGICAL moments at WDW! Have fun!:cloud9: