PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Orleans vs. French Market

Disney Babe
07-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Going to DL for a one day trip in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if want to switch from my normal lunch spot, The French Market, and try the Cafe Orleans. Maybe I might be hungry for dinner too and have dinner at Cafe Orleans. Do I need to make reservations for a party of one, or can I just ask on my visit if they have room for me?

Also, I'm not interested in the Monte Cristo, just in the service. So if anyone has any other menu suggestions, that would be great! Oh, and are the Bootstrappers still doing their show nearby?

Thanks.

ChipDale
07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
This time of year I recommend making a reservation.

The Bootstrappers now perform on Tom Sawyer's Island. The stage next to Cafe Orleans/French Market has been removed.

meldan98
08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
We ate for the first time at Cafe Orleans last week and it was really good. I would recommend a reservation in advance if you want lunch. My DH went to the gallery while our DD took a nap in the stroller and I was waiting by the restaruant and was really suprised to find out that we could get a reservation for dinner. I made a reservation for dinner and the place was relatively empty for dinner at 6:30. I'm not sure what their menu was like before, but they do have some of Remy's recipies on the menu and the children's menu is a chef's hat with Remy on it.

Disney Babe
08-09-2007, 09:43 PM
That's cute that they have Remy's receipes!

Well, I am going on Saturday - in two days- and made my reservation about an hour ago. I had my choice of times! The CM complimented me that I chose an early dinner (5 pm) and on choosing Cafe Orleans over the Blue Bayou. He said I know how to stay away from the crowds, so it sounds good.

I was told by the CM who looked up entertainment info for me that the stage is still there. It's okay with me either way. I think I will have a nicer view if it is not, though.

Disney Babe
08-14-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm back from DL. I ate at both The French Market and Cafe Orleans. I was able to see a show at The French Market and after eating my lunch I was really full. I had to change my dinner reservation to an hour later and was very happy that they could switch it for me at the Cafe Orleans.

Still, five hours after lunch and one Dole Whip later I was not hungry. I decided to try the chocolate rasberry souffle, because after all it is DL and why not spluge? I also had a cup of gumbo.

The souffle took too long to cook and, since this was a solo trip, I was pretty lonely sitting there alone for about 20 minutes after finishing my soup just waiting and waiting with nothing to do. I was at the Cafe Orleans about one hour from the time I arrived to the time I left. That's alot of time for one person to have a cup of soup and a desert. Personally, I would have rather used the time for a show (Billy Hill) or a ride. I don't think I have the patience for either of the table service restaurants in NOS because I am always thinking I could be doing something else. So next time I am pretty sure it will be strickly the French Market for me!

Thanks for the tips and I did enjoy trying something new. Btw, the chocolate rasberry souffle was wonderful and I totally recommend a cup of gumbo at only $3.99. I can image in a cold winter day it would be just the thing to hit the spot.