PDA

View Full Version : Neverland kids club at Poly

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-28-2007, 03:50 PM
We are planning a "date night" and felt like we could take advantage of the kids club this trip. (My friends think I am crazy to leave my children with people I do not know.) But it's just one night for 3-4 hours.
So, my questions are:
Will my kids have fun?
Have you utilized this option for childcare?
Any other opinions are greatly appreciated.

Sept 2007 trip

Christine
07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
My daughter went to the Neverland Club when she was five (I think!) so that DH and I could have some alone time.

She had an absolute blast and I would send her again in a heartbeat.

To me, it's kind of like leaving them at the kid camps on a cruise.

ftwildernesskid
07-28-2007, 04:32 PM
We used the Neverland Club once several years ago when my boys were 4 and 8. They loved it! There was a kid friendly buffet, video games, board games, movies, and lots of space to play. They were there only about 3 hours too, and were very disappointed to leave. Overall, it was a good experience for us and worth it for a little adult time. I'm sure there were plenty of things for girls to do as well, but I just didn't notice. And I don't think the boys even got past the video games. I would reccomend it.

Gusgus
07-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Our 7-year-old was there in may while we went out for the evening. We had to pry him out of there and he kept asking days later if he could go back. They had some crafts for him to do, they played board games and had prizes, as well as video games.

Gusgus

DestinationWDW
07-29-2007, 10:48 AM
We used it this past December. My kids also had a great time! My son was 8 and daughter 11 at the time. Lots to do: crafts, video games, or just watch movie if tired. If they arrive at dinner time, will get a buffet dinner. Mine arrived after and were offered snacks. They gave us a pager to contact us "in case of emergency". My DD reported that frequent head counts were done and "they kept making us wash our hands mom". We were very pleased and would not hesitate to use it again!
Have a great trip!:mickey:

garymacd
07-29-2007, 12:02 PM
We used this club for our little ones a few years ago and they loved it. You do have to stay on property while they are there in case of emergency, but it is worth it. I wanted to use this the last time we took our daughters there, but the cast members said that at 18 and 16, they were too old. I don't know who was more upset; us or the kids!

dtootsie42
07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
We used the Neverland Club when our three girls were little. They loved every minute and often times we had to coax them out. They enjoyed the buffet dinner, the games and made some new friends. We were given a pager just in case something happened. Go and enjoy your evening knowing your children are going to be in great hands.

Clotho
07-29-2007, 06:14 PM
We used this club for our little ones a few years ago and they loved it. You do have to stay on property while they are there in case of emergency, but it is worth it. I wanted to use this the last time we took our daughters there, but the cast members said that at 18 and 16, they were too old. I don't know who was more upset; us or the kids!

At 18 and 16, I would think you could let them go to the parks for a few hours by themselves while you do your adult time. Have an hourly check-in by cell phone, and a strict meet-up time. They are too old for babysitters!

(pst, though I know I would love to go myself. Even at 32, I love kids museums and suchlike ;)