PDA

View Full Version : Value Resorts - Standard or Preferred??

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
We will be staying at the AllSMusic in Sept. We have 2 children and are traveling with 2 other families. How much more is it to have the preferred rooms and Is it worth the $$?

jedigrrrl
07-28-2007, 01:01 PM
It's usually $10 more per night and completely worth it!!! It's more convenient when you have to go to the food court and will pay for itself when you DON'T have to walk a mile to your room at the end of the night.

Vinny
07-28-2007, 01:14 PM
The month in which you are traveling is in the value season. According to the info central section here on Intercot, the difference in price will be $12/day ($82 for standard and $94 for preferred). So you can just multiply that by how many days you will be there.

As far as being worth the extra $$ for a preferred room, I am kind of on the fence. We stayed at a preferred room at POP once and really did not see any difference vs a standard room. Being one building closer to the food court was about all we could come up with. We have always booked a standard room since that time. However with the size of your group you may want to be as close as you can get. Have a good trip!!

tiaramom
07-28-2007, 01:31 PM
At Pop there is truely no diffrence in room/ location
Its all so close( food/ pools buses /rooms).
Not worth it here at Pop
any room is GREAT-
save the $$$ for something else

kakn7294
07-28-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm also on the fence about it. I wouldn't (and haven't) paid the extra money for it because I'm young and healthy and can walk the extra difference to my room but some nights I wished my room was much closer than what it was to that bus stop. I also felt it wasn't worth the hike for the coffee in the morning when we were so far away from the food court. For myself, I would probably wait until check-in see where my room assignment is - if I didn't like it, I would ask to upgrade to preferred. However, traveling with others and needing 3 rooms will put a damper on that. If you book as a Grand Gathering, supposedly, they try to assign your group to the "better" room locations. Our 4 room block in Dec at POFQ was incredible - we couldn't have gotten much better!

IloveDisney71
07-28-2007, 05:29 PM
At the end of a long day I think it is worth the extra $12 to have a room close to the bus stop area. I stayed at the ASM once and felt like we were a mile from the food court. Nobody wanted to make the trip to the food court to use our refillable mugs.

SallyfromDE
07-28-2007, 05:45 PM
The marjority of the rooms are Preferred. Only the outside row of rooms is standard. I had an issue last time I was there and they said they expanded the preferred. When I made my ressies back in April, there were no preferred rooms left in any of the values. A few years ago, before they expanded on the preferred, I had a standard ressie, but was roomed very close to the food court. So last year, I just paid for the preferred and was much, much further away.

steamboat willy
07-28-2007, 06:40 PM
We enjoy the location and color of the Calypso perferred rooms with (POOL VIEW).
I might suggest JAZZ INN, which is right next door. Only a few steps more than Calypso and maybe a bit quieter during late night pool parties.

Steamboat Willy

Speedy1998
07-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I have 2 problems with the prefered rooms.

1. The extra cost, $84 for a weeks stay buys allot of souvinears.

2. Usually you can hear the crowds at the pool. It makes it tough to take the kids back for a mid-day nap, or to get them to bed before 10pm.

Mommy2boys
07-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks for asking this question I was wondering the same thing.

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry - but I'm for a preferred room. First time we stayed at POP we got stuck in the back of beyond & YES it is quite a distance from everything unless you cut through the parking lot & in the middle of summer the last thing you want to do is walk on that hot tar. We ended up driving from the very back to the front every day to catch the bus or eat @ the food court which presented another set of problems at night trying to find a parking spot back by our room when we returned from the park. This time it's a preferred room for us!!! Just my thoughts................:mickey: For us it's worth the extra money!!

NewmanFamily6
07-29-2007, 10:14 AM
I am all for preferred for right now while I still have small children. Especially if they try to stay up for fireworks & I end up carrying someone. Now when they are all old enough to be able to make it back then I would save the money:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
07-29-2007, 11:32 AM
PREFERRED! It's a little extra money but at the end of the day you'll consider it money well worth spent!!! Some rooms at the values can be literally a hike from the bus stop!

disneydeb
07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
This is the first year I have sprung for the preferred room, but I'm older and don't move as well as I used to. In twenty more years I'll stay at a Deluxe on the monorail.:mickey:

luvdiznee
07-29-2007, 11:55 AM
When we stayed at ASM we did preferred and it was worth it. We were at the first building outside of the main building and right next to the laundry as well as close to the pool. Now when we stayed at POP we did not do preferred and that was fine. :mickey: