PDA

View Full Version : New Look for UK and European Disney Stores

Figment!
07-27-2007, 08:30 PM
New Look for Disney Stores

By Ronnie Dungan
Toy News
7/26/2007

Disney Store is undergoing an extensive refurbishment programme for its UK and European stores.

The 56-strong chain is also unveiling a new store concept at Lakeside next week which will include an interactive element.

Teresa Tideman, joint MD of the store group told ToyNews: "At the heart of it is presenting a contemporary and updated Disney Store proposition for our guests. Technology will be a big part of it."

As well as new concept stores the firm will be refreshing all its existing stores.

"The plan is ensure that all our stores come up to the level we want and that all our real estate is appropriate for the brand," added Tideman.

In addition, stores will be expanded into new European territories. There are already 104 Disney stores across the continent.

DizneyRox
07-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Very strange the still owned by Disney Disney Stores seem to be doing pretty well. Don't quite understand why they couldn't manage the USA stores.

I'd be curious to actualy see a European TDS and see the differences for myself.

AnitaJane
07-29-2007, 04:54 AM
Thats good news, I always make a point of going into the disney stores when Im shopping. The one in london on oxford street has to be my fav one - it reminds me so much of DTD.

dlpmikki
07-30-2007, 04:30 AM
There didn't use to be much difference between UK and US stores. I'll be interested to see the refurbished ones and see what they are like!

markb
07-31-2007, 02:32 AM
:mickey: I've got this weekend off, so I think I'll take a trip to the Lakeside TDS. It's only 30 minutes or so away :D