PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think Disney should have made sequels to some of its animated movies?

caryrae
07-27-2007, 06:54 PM
I was wondering what you guys thought about all the sequels Disney made for alot of their animated movies and alot are classics.

Should have never done sequels of any, or just some or you think it just fine?

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time 2007 70 mins. G
Fox and the Hound 2, The 2006 69 mins. G
Brother Bear 2 2006 70 mins. G
Bambi II 2006 70 mins. G
Lilo and Stitch 2: Stich Has a Glitch 2005 68
Mulan II 2004 79 mins. G
Lion King 1 1/2, The 2004 77 mins. G
101 Dalmations II: Patch's London Adventure 2003 70 mins. G
Atlantis: Milo's Return 2003 70 mins. G
Jungle Book 2, The 2003 72 mins. G
Return to Never Land 2002 72 mins. G
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True 2002 73 mins. G
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure 2001 69 mins. G
Fantasia 2000 1999 75 mins. G
Toy Story 2 1999 92 mins. G
Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World 1998 72 mins. G
Lion King II: Simbas Pride, The 1998 81 mins. G

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I read they're not going to make these anymore.

How can I put that....
:party::joy::woohoo:

I think those faces sum it up :mickey:

Chris :hatter:

JPL
07-28-2007, 01:10 AM
I
Lion King 1 1/2, The 2004 77 mins. G
Fantasia 2000 1999 75 mins. G
Toy Story 2 1999 92 mins. G

These were the only 3 from your list I think were justified and any good :thumbsup:

Fantasia was meant to be added onto as part of Walt's Plan.

Toy Story 2 was excellent and very well done

Lion King 1 1/2 was just funny and a good spoof type film :thumbsup:

The rest were pretty average and lame.

Mickey 101
07-28-2007, 02:39 AM
I agree that Lion King 1 1/2 and Toy Story 2 are head and shoulders above the rest (haven't seen the Fantasia remake). The others have just been watered-down versions that detract from the magic of the originals.

DizneyRox
07-28-2007, 09:04 AM
You mean cheapquels?

I think I've gone on long enough about them for everyone to know my opinion.

I refuse to support DIsney making the cheapquels and I own not one of them, Pixar doesn't count by the way. Actually, I do own Fantasia 2000, but that's because we went to the Carnigie Hall premier and it was spectacular. The rest I refuse to buy, however I do buy all of the originals.

The cheapquels are just attempts to empty my wallet of the last nickel and dime that's available. I've got better things to spend my money on.

"You hate to repeat yourself. I don't like to make sequels to my pictures. I like to take a new thing and develop something. There's really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting."

LauraleeH
07-30-2007, 08:56 AM
I liked Brother Bear 2 better than the original, and I kind of liked Return to Neverland (Even though there is no comparison between that and Peter Pan) but the rest of them just made me sad so I stopped buying them and sold the ones I had. It almost ruins the story of the original for me.

SBETigg
07-30-2007, 09:28 AM
There have been a few good ones but for the most part, we just pretend the sequels don't exist. You don't mention the Aladdin sequels, which were the ones my son really enjoyed when he was little and caught up in Aladdin. Not as good as the original, but it helped me understand why these worked for Disney and managed to sell. When kids get caught up in a character and the fantasy, they don't want to let go and parents get a little tired of watching the same movie over and over- thus, the sequel, new movie, same characters. But they really overdid it in making sequels and when the storylines didn't deliver or the sequel seemed unnecessary, it was a bad move.

Mickey91
07-31-2007, 12:00 AM
I think it is ashame they cheapened the name of Disney by making any sequels. I especially hate the Cinderella II. Cinderella didn't like her rags, she was beautiful in spite of them! She didn't want to cook and clean, but she stayed beautiful and kind in spite of being forced to so for her step mother and step sisters. Cinderella 2, not only ruins the classic beauty of Cinderella by horrible animation, but cheapens her inner beauty by not showing her to be the confident and regal figure that she is. One who shows grace and kindness through her role as a princess!

The only sequel worthy is Toy Story 2. Obviously Disney agreed as it went to theaters. I am extremely happy that they will not be making any more.:mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
07-31-2007, 10:58 PM
I lot of them are absolutely terrible, but I must say, Cinderella 3 is turning out to be one of my favorites.... I like the music and the newer dynamic, even if the original is an untouchable classic. I love the jokes... it's much funnier than the original. Cinderella 2 was awful though.....

some of the sequels have worthless plots but good music, and I love that.

in general though, i have to agree that they're a waste of time. :(

handmaidenofprincesses
07-31-2007, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=WinnipegDisneyFanatic;1369951]I read they're not going to make these anymore. [QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about that.... I was watching my little mermaid dvd and it said "little mermaid 3, coming soon"

snifflesmcg
08-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Oh how I hate these sequals. In another thread it was discussed how they weren't making anymore :joy::yay::clappy::woohoo:. They are just terrible. As I've said before.....What ever happened to "Happily ever after" with no explanation needed.