PDA

View Full Version : Disneymooners - Day One with video!

poeticeclipse
07-27-2007, 04:30 PM
I know what you're all thinking...
It's about time!

Link to pre-trip report - http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103968

Link to picture thread -
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110469

Link to Family of the Day video thread -
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110728

The Arrival

"Wake up! It's time for DISNEY WORLD!"

Those were the words that I woke my husband up with. After only 4 and a half hours of sleep, it's amazing how energetic we were (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Wedding%20Pics/staceyteaserweb.jpg). But, we were off to the most amazing place in the world, so, why shouldn't we be more than ecstatic? Matt and I sat up with our parents after the reception just talking and opening gifts. Didn't get to bed until 1 a.m.!

We finished getting our last minute items packed and we were out the door and on our way. Matt, my mother, and myself all packed into the car so we could go pick my eldest brother up (who was dropping us off at the airport in Chicago). We arrived in Chicago in record time. After saying our goodbyes, we waited in the security line FOREVER before getting through. I swear, they want to make blood come out of your ears. It's pure torture. After finding our gate (which we discovered was only two down from the gate in which we left from to go to Disney laas year) we grabbed Mickey Dee's and waited to board. We had about 45 minutes to kill so we talked and I played with a little dog that someone next to us had in a big doggy purse. Right on schedule, we boarded the plane (coach of course) and got ready to go to the most magical place on earth! To subside my nervous flying feeling I always get, I whipped out my journal and began jotting down the morning's events. When we were brought our complimentary drinks and cookies (love those things) the "drink ladies" (as I call them) were 'ooohing' and 'ahhhhing" over us and whispering amongst themselves. Matt overheard them saying that they were trying to bump us up to first class but it was all full and they couldn't pull it off. Instead, one of the "drink ladies" offered us a drink on the pilot! *squeal!* We both chose white zin. So, there we were... Mickey and Minnie drinking white zin. in the luxury of coach seats. Ahh.... that's the life.

Our arrival was easy. Found the cast members with "Mickey hands" and got "pointed" in the right direction. Our wait for the bus took a little while but we got on board after about 25 minutes. My first disappointment of the day came very soon after boarding... no video. That's right folks... they ripped off my favorite part of arrival day. Oh well. We got wine. Being a little "off my rocker" kind of cushioned the blow.:marg:

Walking through the doors of Pop is really wonderful. It just feels like home. Sure, it's not romantic. I'm not a romantic kind of gal. Give me adventure any day (just like my girl Belle). Checking in was easy... at first. We had requested a king bed in the 50's section. Well, we ended up with a king in 80's. Not a big deal since we still got the king bed. Before we left to check out our room, we were told by the cast member that we had a package waiting. When she comes back out she brings us a platter with two Mickey wine glasses, a bottle of white zin.(how funny!), crackers, and cheese. Wow, Mickey and Minnie sure wanted us to be plastered our whole honeymoon. Now, the room was...interesting. Awesome location. I'd always stayed in the 50's section on previous trips. So, seeing the other half of the resort was interesting. But, man! What a walk!!! We got to the room, set our stuff on the bed and I did my usual inspection of the bathroom. BIG PROBLEM! We were in a handicap room. We're not handicap. There may be someone who actually needs that room and we're going to be there for 8 nights taking it up. We also so a fridge. Great perk. But not enough to stay there. We grabbed our stuff... wine, cheese, and all... and headed back to concierge as we were told to if we had any issues. They were great and in about 10 minutes they set us up in a 3rd floor king bedroom in the 50's section. Our view wasn't anything spectacular. We didn't spend much time looking out the window though so it really didn't matter. This room was a connecting room (weird at first but didn't end up being a problem) and only had handicapped rails by the toilet. Much better in my book. The package ended up being from my brother and sister-in-law. They went online and picked out a gift "basket" to send to us. It was wonderful! We called them and thanked them when we were waiting in line for the bus to Epcot.

It's a tradition that we start our trip in Epcot. Normally, we hit up Spaceship Earth to start the trip off on a great foot. But, since we didn't want to be late for our reservation at Coral Reef... we decided to pass and just head back in that direction (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/305.jpg). The wait for Nemo and Friends was only 15 minutes and we had the time to kill. I LOVED it. It was both of our first times on this attraction and it was so awesome. Nothing "amazingly" thrilling. But, I loved swimming with Crush. Matt and I began to walk around saying "Fin, noggin, Duuuuude." haha! We checked out The Living Seas for a bit since Matt just loves sea life. Those swimming creatures are fun to see. Just keep me away from the jellyfish! I'm terrified of them!

Our reservation time for Coral Reef (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/325.jpg)rolled around so we walked into the restaurant expecting mayhem like the last visit. Instead, we were greeted with peace and quiet. No loud children. No screaming parents. Just another couple waiting to get a table just like us. I mentioned at check-in that we would like a table by the tank and would wait longer if needed. In about 10 minutes we were taken to our table. We did get a table next to the tank. But, it was next to a mother/daughter duo. Somewhat strange being so close to someone and pointing over their heads going "oooh, it's a turtle!" The mother/daughter duo ended up wanting to go to MGM-Studios for the night so they gave us their fast passes for later that evening! How nice of them! For my full Coral Reef dining report... follow this link.
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106933

After dinner, we decided to just stroll around (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/340.jpg)the World Showcase and catch a bit of Illuminations. The crowds really weren't there that night. I enjoyed being 2 of 6 people watching China's movie. It got dark pretty quickly and before we knew it, the park was closing. We caught the last 15 seconds of Illuminations. Oops! I remembered that I heard about the "afterburn." I couldn't remember how long after Illuminations it would occur. So, we sat on a bench and just talked. After a half hour of Matt getting impatient I decided to get up and ask a cast member selling light up toys what time the afterburn occured. She looked at me dumbfounded and said "uhh, i'm not sure." So, we sat for another 20 minutes and when it didn't come. We left. I fell asleep on Matt's shoulder on the bus ride (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/362.jpg)back to the resort. And so, day one was through and we were looking forward to waking up the next morning knowing we were in the most magical place on earth.

VIDEO LINK - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5151647903065227054&hl=en

Not the most exciting video but you do get to see me being so tired from 4 hours sleep that I begin acting like a mumbling fool.

January-2007
07-27-2007, 08:45 PM
What a wonderful first day of waking up married and going to Disney World! Thanks for the trip report! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
07-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks for sharing your first day. Sounds like a great one.

iheartmickey
07-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Sounds (and looks) like a GREAT first day! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

MommyDisneyFanatic
07-28-2007, 10:15 AM
sounded great really neat video footage

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for sharing, great video and pix too!!

PAMOUSELOVER
07-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Thnaks for sharing your magic!
It made me cry!:mickey:

faline
07-28-2007, 08:24 PM
What a great looking couple you make! Except for the missing video on the bus, everything else went very well on your first Disney day!

kaerbear178
07-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the trip report. I'm happy that you had such a great first day! Can't wait to read the rest.

BrerSchultzy
07-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, it was definitely worth the wait! Thanks for sharing the report...I look forward to reading the rest.

One question though....do we have to wait another month for day two? :thedolls:

Seriously though, thanks for the report. It's great that you let us share in this experience! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-30-2007, 05:50 PM
What a great report! Congrats on your wedding! You were a beautiful bride! It looks like you had a great time on your first day. I love the photos and the video! I cant wait to read more!

poeticeclipse
07-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, it was definitely worth the wait! Thanks for sharing the report...I look forward to reading the rest.

One question though....do we have to wait another month for day two? :thedolls:

Seriously though, thanks for the report. It's great that you let us share in this experience! :mickey:

oh! ouch! Actually.... today was a rough day. We decided to back out of the house. Lots of issues with it. And on top of that... the computer got a MAJOR virus and I took a half day off work to fix it. But... once I did. I got two new videos uploaded. Tomorrow I will create Day Two!!!

BrerSchultzy
07-31-2007, 09:27 AM
oh! ouch! Actually.... today was a rough day. We decided to back out of the house. Lots of issues with it. And on top of that... the computer got a MAJOR virus and I took a half day off work to fix it. But... once I did. I got two new videos uploaded. Tomorrow I will create Day Two!!!

...excuse me...I have to stretch out my mouth to see if my foot will fit...

I'll be in the corner....

Seriously, though...I hope everything goes well for you. You have such an infectiously happy attitude, that it's both a shame to hear that bad things are happening to you, and a pleasure to hear how well you're dealing with them.

In other words...thanks for the report, I look forward to reading more.

Disney Maniac
08-02-2007, 09:57 PM
What a great first day!! Coral Reef looked amazing!! I love your videos also!!:mickey:

berri_boo
08-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I remember the morning after we were married....waking up to go to WDW for the next 15 days....oh what a wonderful feeling that was!:mickey:

I'm so looking forward to our upcoming trip ....only 112 more days!!!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
08-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Sounds like a great first day. I wish I had half your energy;)
Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: