PDA

View Full Version : March 2008

tomorrowschild
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
So I have been reading some posts about Easter next year- 2008. I am confused by some of the posters comments. Here in Canada most school get a full week off at the end of March- for Easter- March 21st- 30th. So here is what I am wondering. I have read some posts saying that some of the schools in the US don't get this week of at Easter- they get a week off in April- for Spring Break. So can you tell me about this. Are there some schools that don't get off that week in March? I know that it will be busy at this time (don't mind- I am used to going the first week of July)- but will it be as busy as when Easter falls in April?:mickey:

krose78
07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I think it varies depending on the school districts. Next year my son has March 22-30th off.

Beast_fanatic
07-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Yes, schools in the US have various spring breaks which is why spring break period at WDW runs from mid-February through Easter (sometimes later depending on when Easter falls). Even considering this, the weeks either side of Easter are quite busy.

Disneymom4ever
07-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Here in our town in NC we have our Spring break Mar. 21-30th. I'm planning a trip for then as well, even though I'm sure it will be crazy busy. But my kids are at an age where I don't want to take them out of school, and as long as we're prepared for crowds, it should make it a little easier. At least it shouldn't be as hot as when we go in August! The weather should be great! Maybe someone will come along that braved Easter this year, with some info. Good luck, and see you there! :mickey:

xipetotec
07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
So I have been reading some posts about Easter next year- 2008. I am confused by some of the posters comments. Here in Canada most school get a full week off at the end of March- for Easter- March 21st- 30th. So here is what I am wondering. I have read some posts saying that some of the schools in the US don't get this week of at Easter- they get a week off in April- for Spring Break. So can you tell me about this. Are there some schools that don't get off that week in March? I know that it will be busy at this time (don't mind- I am used to going the first week of July)- but will it be as busy as when Easter falls in April?:mickey:

I think Spring Break all accross North America varies by area starting in March until May. For example, not ALL of Canada is last week of March. Most of Quebec is the FIRST full week of March. But I believe Easter week is very busy just in general.

dmallan
07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
In some counties in Western New York we have been splitting the break. The schools get a week off in February (usually the same week as Presidents Day) and one in April, which is usually at Easter time. This year the April break will not correspond with Easter, so I think the kids will just have Good Friday and Easter Monday off.

wedway fan
07-30-2007, 01:02 PM
i did a little looking into this for our trip next year- from public school calendars posted online, it seems the northeast (NY, boston) is doing a long weekend for easter, then a week of spring break at the end of april. the mid-atlantic (philly, dc) is going with a traditional easter break (week after easter off.

not sure if it means easter week will be lighter than usual or maybe just a crazier end of april than usual.