PDA

View Full Version : I should have retired!

varcity
07-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, some of you know that the newsletter came out because I went on vacation this week :mickey: haha. I went up to vegas for a basketball tournament. I would have coached, but our big guy went to a different team that is better ranked than us, so I stepped up to play one last dance. I should have stayed retired :mickey:

Sunday I had two games, lost the first and then the second one I went up for a dunk (white guys can jump!!) and an opponent slapped at my hand and it instantly went numb. So I sat the rest of that game and mondays game contemplating what it could be. I think it is a strained ligament for sure with a possible fracture or a chip of one of the bones in my left ring finger. So tuesday was single elimination bracket play and after much icing and pain killers and tape, I suited up to play.

Long story short, we had two referees and only one made any calls. It was an absolutly terribly officiated game (personally I think Donaghy has something to do with it) and we lost. We were cheated out of 10+ points from the scored board and it was just bad. But I played, got my hand hit a couple times (including the assistant coach giving a high five like a bone head).

Missed the chance to see Rock due to bad weather, but there will be more time in the future!

Anyways, I go to the doctor in two hours to see what going on in my hand. Just cant resist any pressure in any direction, but can move it well even though there is a click every time I move it.

That's my weekend :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow, sounds like a busy weekend! :pixie: for your hand varcity! :team: :ref: :trophy::basket:

LittleDragonErin
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Hahaha, sounds like something I just did the other day.

I was already completely warm. We had been working out for a good hour already. I went for a pass and the minute I took off to do a flip, I felt my hamstring cramp up. I had speed behind me and couldn't really stop my momentum so I just went into the flip anyway and the landing doubled the pain.

After walking it off, it felt like it was okay so I decided to try that pass again like the crazy idiot I am. Take off was fine, as I didn't feel any pain. But halfway through the flip, I just feel this tearing on my muscle and I try my best to land on my other leg which in turn causes me to turn my ankle in the landing.

Whee!! Yeah, so I've been limping around for the last few days. Heh.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your games. Hope your injury isn't serious.

bigpapiortiz34
07-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Wow! Looks like you had a busy weekend Varcity. Sorry about your hand though! I hope it gets better soon!

And Little, oh my goodness, that sounds horrifying. I can barely read through it it sounds that bad. I can't imagine what it must be like to actually live through the pain!

:pixie: to you both! :)

varcity
07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
update: broke my fourth metacarple. So I am castd for a few weeks and typing *****!!! :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
07-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Long story short, we had two referees and only one made any calls. It was an absolutly terribly officiated game (personally I think Donaghy has something to do with it) and we lost. We were cheated out of 10+ points from the scored board and it was just bad.

We've all had those terrible ref's, especially in basketball, and that can determine games unfortunately.

Don't know if I told this story on here or not, but as you all remember I broke my arm last year and broke my foot twice a year before that so I wasn't going to take any chances to get injured again. Playing in a game and losing by alot (my team sucked last year) and I was center for my team. Nobody else is really doing anything on my team (as usual) so I was forced to be running after everything that I could. When I was coming down after grabbing a rebound, a guy came down on my foot (the same one that broke twice) as mine landed and kept it there for a couple seconds. As I was going to dribble out he still had his foot on mine and I tripped and thought I did something to my foot but I didn't care about that. The ref standing two feet away had a clear shot of the entire thing and called a travel on me. Figuring that we were losing by alot, just went off on the ref and releasing all my frustration on him. Threw the ball near him (not at him, mind you), and the ref all the way on the other side of the court calls a tech on me (first one in three years). Later on, I foul out becuase I had those two extra calls on me in that one span. We were down by 15 at the time of the event, but we lost by 1 point at the end of the game.

Anyway, I got a feeling like the Donaghy situation is going to haunt the game for a long time. Hate those ref's sometimes.

LittleDragonErin
07-28-2007, 02:14 AM
update: broke my fourth metacarple. So I am castd for a few weeks and typing *****!!! :mickey:

Aww...sorry to hear. Hope it heals quick! ;)

RenDuran
07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Poor duh duh!

wizardmickey
07-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Wing dude has a crippled wing! Bummer bro!
Enjoy them Pain Killers & heal up me heartie!

terri.m
07-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Aww poor varcity. Hope you are better very soon.