PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony

steamboat willy
07-27-2007, 02:32 PM
How many of you have viewed the Magic Kingdom opening ceremony :welcome: with Mickey and Friends and the special guest riding in on the Steam Train? :train:

Is this worth getting the big girl up early, shower, make-up, just the right outfit, breakfest and zoom over to the MK for the arrival of Mickey & Friends?

Come on girls, you know what I mean. Do we need to make this?

:balloon:

Steamboat Willy

Volksjager
07-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, for a guy who needs to just wake up, pat his hair down, put on some jeans and a relatively clean shirt, pass gas, scratch himself, hop on a bus and get there early to get through the ticket line quicker....I enjoyed it.

It has the right level of cheesy-ness, Disney fun, and pixie dust to be a great start to a day at the park!

atruman
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I like it, but I can take or leave it. For my money, the best opening ceremony in the World is at Animal Kingdom.

That said, if you haven't seen the MK one at least once, it is worth doing it. It has a great feeling to it, that just enhances the feeling of walking through the tunnels and catching sight of the castle.

RocknRoller94
07-27-2007, 03:04 PM
The opening ceremony is not only the train, but also Main Street Dancers, the Mayor of Main Street, and wonderful songs. Definately a must. I do not know if they have the train all the time.

kaliepooh
07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I would love to see these opening shows. My family gets lazy on vacation mornings. Maybe I'll wake up and leave them in the room sleeping. Then they will be totally upset about me not waking them .... oh dear!

disneymom15
07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I did it on my solo trip last may. I enjoyed it, I don't think I'd do it everytime I go. Once they let everyone in, I headed over to POTC and made it on the very first boat (very cool) and then to BTM and walked right on.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-27-2007, 04:16 PM
What time do you have to be there? How early are we talking?!

Chris :hatter:

chefmickey3
07-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I guess I am a sap, but I need to see this at least twice while we are in the World. It makes me cry and is an awesome way to start a day in MK. It starts aound 8:45 I think. Magic! I think it is worth seeing at least once! :mickey:

Catzle
07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
We saw this for the first time this past May. We enjoyed it. We also like being first into the park and first onto the rides, that was really nice. I do think it's worth doing once.

SunnyLee
07-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I have only seen the MK opening ceremonies that was only because I had to be there early to do the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour...and we loved it! I also have the "Happiest Celebration" cd that has that opening song. But in reading the other posts I didn't know or even think to realize that other parks might have opening ceremonies too!!! So...apparently Animal Kingdom is something not to miss uh? Well..sign me up!! I need to try that!! Does MGM and Epcot have opening ceremonies too? Oh...and back to your question..yes see it..but don't make this a daily thing..it's cool but not to keep waking up early for! :mickey::mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-27-2007, 06:50 PM
For me it is a must do! I really enjoy the opening ceremony, like others have said; the train, the Mayor and the performers coupled with the special guests make it a great way to kick off a day in the MK.
Also, you beat the crowds to your favorite attractions!:thumbsup: