PDA

View Full Version : Our Magical 2nd Anniversary-Final Thoughts

IloveJack
07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Final Thoughts

• I wish as much attention was shown to anniversary couples as there is to just married couples. We got many congratulations, but rarely any special treatment (other than the champagne). There’s also no souvenirs special to the occasion (that we could find).
• If you see a horde of kids all wearing the same shirt, following a flag, and singing in Portuguese, it’s okay to follow them. I promise they don’t know how to use FastPass, and will only fill up the stand-by line.
• Spandex isn’t for everyone! I’ll let you dwell on that, yourself.
• Busses should run between the TTC and the resorts. This having to go to a park to ride back to a resort, just to eat, is ridiculous and time-consuming!
• Soarin’ is well worth the wait, I don’t care how long it is. So is Expedition Everest! But getting a FastPass and riding something else while you wait is even better.
• Learning the FastPass system is mandatory. Get one, then ride something with a short line. Then before you go to the FastPass ride, get another one. You’ll use up some of the wait while riding! We did this over and over again, and rode everything we wanted to (in the middle of July!).
• Although it was July, we never waited for longer than 20 mins for anything (other than RnRC and our last ride on Soarin’). We also never used sunscreen, as there’s plenty of shade, if you know where to walk. We worked the FastPass system and took advantage of EMH. Also, if you can get in line before the park closes, you can ride, so don’t give up just because it’s close to closing time!
• From my experiences, moderate resorts are just as nice as Home-away-from-Home resorts, and the busses run much quicker. I think we’ll just keep staying in moderate resorts and spend our money elsewhere. I had more trouble with HAfH resorts’ transportation than I’d be willing to put up with for an entire vacation. I’ve been wanting to stay at AKL, but we spend very little time in the room, so why pay all that extra? Unless we can someday afford to stay for longer than 5 days, I see no need to.
• And lastly, buy a journal and a good digital camera, and use them both greatly. I am very longwinded in my trip reports, but I print them off and use the exact reports in my scrapbooks. When we go back and read them, it’s like we’re there all over again. We can remember all the little things, and never have to ponder why we took a certain picture, or where it was we ate that we loved so much. Also, we spent a lot on a top-of-the-line digital camera right before we left so that both of us would have good cameras with good zooms. I wouldn’t take the money back for anything. I had a small dig. camera before, but this was so much better. Souvenirs are nice, and fun to play with, decorate with, or wear. But if I want to remember a vacation, my pictures tell the story better than anything I bought while there. Everyone always tells me I have an amazing memory of things we’ve done together. I just tell them, “Take pics, and write it down!” You’ll remember, too.

gauvin4
07-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Final Thoughts
• Spandex isn’t for everyone! I’ll let you dwell on that, yourself.

:rotfl::funny: Amen to that!!

January-2007
07-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I've enjoyed reading your trip reports. I do the same thing, I have a book that I keep with me while on vacation at WDW and write all about everything we do while there so as to remember it and understand the pictures and what not. I agree that having a camera to capture your memories is better than souvenEars any day. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip, it was so much fun to read.

SBETigg
07-27-2007, 10:12 PM
I think we're all with you on the Spandex. :thumbsup:

But please know that not all honeymooners get loaded with attention and freebies either. It's nice to get perks when they are offered, but expecting them often leads to disappointment. I bet buying the wedding ears (which anyone can actually purchase) and wearing them garners more attention than anniversary buttons. We honeymooned prior to buttons and ears. Not many perks, but we had a fabulous time. We returned to celebrate anniversaries- not much extra recognition there, either. But again, no expectations and we had a great time. Also, in life as in at Disney World, Just Marrieds get far more attention than anniversary celebrators(celebretants?), and why shouldn't they? Being Just Married is a very special time that all anniversary celebrators have already been through. I wish they threw showers for us every twenty years, too. Wouldn't that be great? I need new towels.

Your trip sounds like it was wonderful and special for you, and who can ask for anything more? Thanks for the report.

MommyDisneyFanatic
07-28-2007, 10:18 AM
i think that is a great idea about printing your trip reports and scrapbooking them

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 01:08 PM
I agree with the spandex comment, actually it should be outlawed. I've seen motor vehicle accidents occur because someone walking down the street was wearing spandex:ack:.

Great idea about writing everyting down. I'll have to try that this time so I have interesting trip reports and can actually remember everything. You are so smart.

Thanks for sharing your magical aniversary vacation with us.

faline
07-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Glad you had a very nice anniversary celebration!

I usually bring a small notebook with me and use down time to write notes of what I've done up to that point. If you see someone furiously writing in a notebook while waiting to be seated for a meal or while waiting for a bus - it might be me!

Bethanymouse
07-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with all of us. I loved reading about it!

Pocahontas
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Thank you for your trip reports; I've enjoyed reading all of them.

I do believe you and your DH need another vacation just to rest up after this one. My family also likes to fit as much into a day as we can, but you definitely have us beat!

DizNee143
07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
im glad you guys enjoyed your vacation!! i know i really enjoyed reading all about it!! thank you very much for sharing it with us!! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for all the reports.

pdrlkr
08-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for sharing! :smickey:

DestinationWDW
08-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I've just read all of your reports! Thanks! They were great! What a fun and busy trip! I'm leaving in the morning and put a notebook in my bag.......:secret:

iheartmickey
08-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I really enjoyed reading all your trip reports. It sounds like you had an amazing and magical filled anniversary trip.

Thank you for sharing all the details of your trip and the great tips too! :thumbsup:

DisneyGRL7
08-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Great ideas and great reporting! It seems like you got a lot of stuff done in a relatively short amount of time, AND in the busy season! :mickey:

glenpreece
08-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I really enjoyed reading all of your reports. I felt like I was there all over again. I too love to shop!!! Last year with my Aunt she couldn't believe that I went in every store we found!!!! Great trip and great reports!!!!