PDA

View Full Version : Our Magical 2nd Anniversary-Day 4A

IloveJack
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Up at 7:00, ugh! I’d repacked, somewhat, the night before, just to get an idea of if everything was going to fit in the luggage we’d brought. It came in handy, since when I went to update our continuing reservation, I was told that we’d have to change rooms. We would be moving from 8084 to 1617. I mentioned that we’d been assured of staying in that room when we checked-in, and the CM went to see what she could do. She said she could keep us in the same building, but we’d have to move rooms, and it wouldn’t be ready til 3. Or we could just go on to 1617 and it was ready now. I figured if we’ve got to move, I’d much rather not deal with stowing our luggage and then having to retrieve it, so we went with the ready room. We rushed back to the room, threw everything into a bag of some sort, and called Bell Services. They were there quickly, and we loaded up. On our way, we ran into a very rude CM. He wasn’t rude to us, but to our bell services CM. We were trying to get around him on a path, and he was blocking our way. Our CM motioned for him to go ahead and turn so we could get by, and he was very obstinate . Finally, he moved, rolled down his window, and yelled, “It just takes a little common sense,” to our CM. It was ridiculous, as he was the one who wasn’t using any. If I could’ve read his nametag, I’d have said something to someone, but I couldn’t, as he only rolled the window down a bit. Anyhow… our CM got us in our room, we tipped him, and checked things out. In exchange for the trouble of moving rooms, we were upgraded to a king-size bed. I’d never stayed in, or even been through, the Alligator Bayou section, but I think I like them more! The log bed frames, lantern lights, and branch framed mirrors were much more our taste than that of the “mansion” rooms. We just tossed everything in a corner and left to catch the bus.
With all that, we were still in the Animal Kingdom by a little after 10. We rushed to Expedition: Everest and got FPs for 1:25. We decided to stay in Asia, since Everest is on the extreme of the park. We walked the Maharanjah Jungle Trek, taking a multitude of pictures. We met Patty, a CM, in the Royal Bird area. We had asked her to take our picture, and when she saw us still hanging around 10 minutes later, she came over to talk. Both David and I love exotic birds, and he used to work on a bird farm. Patty said that it was nice to see someone actually care about the birds. She said, “Most people rush through this part, with their heads down, never even looking up.” She walked around with us, pointing out the different birds that hide, and telling us about them.
After the MJT, we were nasty hot, so we got in the stand-by line for Kali River Rapids. I don’t remember the wait posted, but we couldn’t have been in line more than 15 minutes. I’m not sure that we ever really stopped moving. I like the theming for this ride, so I didn’t mind the line, anyway. We both wanted to get soaked, but we didn’t. We did get wet enough to be cool for an hour, though.
It still was far from our FP time, so we headed over to Africa, then. We stopped for a PP pic with the Tree of Life behind us. (I think that made 7 PP pics already that day, in front of the tree). We’d already decided to buy the cd, so we were searching out photo ops! We grabbed FPs for Kilomanjaro Safaries and then walked through Pangani Trail. We enjoyed it, and took many pics, of course. I wish the gorilla exhibit had cleaner glass, but I guess that’s a bit hard to do, with the gorillas’ feet propped up on it constantly!
We each grabbed a banana and a fruit bowl, and a drink, before going to KS. We used our FPs, and only stood in line for a few minutes. Now, I know that we were celebrating our love for each other, and I understand that lots, and lots (and lots!) of couples come to Disney for their honeymoon, but I swear, if I never see another pair of bride and groom ears, it’ll be too soon! We were seated on the left side of the jeep, with newlyweds (and their ears) on the right side of our row. We never could get a good pic of anything in the open part of the savannah. The groom was leaning forward, and his ears were blocking our view that way. Then, if we leaned behind them for a pic, the bride’s veil was blowing in our way. I almost put my camera away, since it was doing me no good! We did get a lot of good shots, just nothing on the inside of the giraffe area. Oh well.
Our FP time for E:E had finally arrived, so we trekked back to Asia. Oh, my poor feet! We stopped at a pin kiosk, and when the CM asked how long we’d been married, we said “Two years, today!” He said congrats, but then added that the answer is always, “not long enough.” He then lectured David on that being the secret to a long marriage. David countered, saying the best answer is always, “Yes, Dear.” Hehe! Then we stopped for more PP pics in front of Everest. There, the CM asked again, how long we’d been married, and David, being cute, said, “Too long.” Whoa, buddy. Then this CM lectured him for 10 minutes about that being the wrong answer, and that he’d been married 13 years, he knew.
We walked on to E:E with our FPs. Wow! What an amazing ride. If it wasn’t on the extreme edge of the park, we’d have gotten FPs again, but as it was, they were already timed for the evening, and we weren’t staying at AK for that long. We did buy the pic in the gift shop, though. I wished we’d known where the camera was, cause we’d have posed, but it turned out cute anyhow. We’re both focused ahead of the train, with “what’s next?” expressions on our face.
We stopped in a store where I found a tee for David’s best friend’s son, and a Stitch backpack for me, but we bought neither. We stopped in another store, where David found the same hat he’d looked at in EPCOT, and he did buy it. I found Mickey ears with Jack Sparrow’s bandanna and beads/coin on them, and I got them. (I’d been wanting Pirate ears all along, but didn’t like the pink Pirate Princess ones). We decided on lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue. I had the ½ chicken, and David had the pulled pork sandwich. As usual for this week, I couldn’t finish it, so I wrapped the fries up to take with me… dumb idea, as I just trashed the soggy things later. A bird shared our lunch with us, eating anything we happen to drop. When a little girl took notice, she ran over, scaring it away. Oh well, she’ll learn when she gets older that they do that.

gauvin4
07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm looking forward to my 1st ride on E:E in December. :thumbsup: Glad you are having such a great time!

January-2007
07-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Your new room sounds amazing! I guess it was worth the move! Thanks for the trip report!

Bethis26fan
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Sounds like another great first half of the day.

SBETigg
07-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Sorry about the rude CM. How unnecessary. Love the AK! Great report.

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Sounds great, thanks for sharing

faline
07-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Your new room sounds quite nice. You certainly had a nice Animal Kingdom day!

kaerbear178
07-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm glad you like your new room. Sounds like a great day at AK. Thanks for the trip report!

Bethanymouse
07-30-2007, 10:19 PM
That stinks that you had to change rooms but at least the themeing was better for you! Thanks so much for sharing another wonderful day with us!:mickey:

DizNee143
07-31-2007, 02:03 PM
sounds like a good day at Animal Kingdom!!
sorry you still werent feeling to grand!! but it sure didnt stop you guys from anything!!! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
At least you got an upgrade when you had to change rooms.

pdrlkr
08-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

iheartmickey
08-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup: