PDA

View Full Version : Our Magical 2nd Anniversary-Day 2B

IloveJack
07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
(We've been in the MK all day...)

We walked back to Tomorrow land. It was still 45 mins to our FP time, so we caught Monsters Inc. It was a nice break, but nowhere near funny enough for the wait (and we only waited 10 minutes, including the briefing room). It was pouring when we got back outside, so we ran to Space Mt. We got there,and it was closed. Wet and tired, we left for Downtown Disney.
We should’ve gone to the busses first, but a “helpful” CM told us to go to the TTC. Not having been in 6 years, I followed his advice. 45 mins. later, we were using the busses. I knew that the waterpark busses were slow, and sure enough, we saw 6 busses go by before one for DTD came. We were starving by now, so our first stop was the Earl of Sandwich. Neither of us had been here before. I’m not sure if it was that good, or we were just that hungry, but we scarfed them down. We got refills too, as fountain drinks were just $1.75 with free refills. (I poured my refill into a bottle and took it with me, shh!)
After lunch, we went to World of Disney. David got a money clip, hacky-sacks to juggle, and some PoC crocs (since his flops were hurting him). I got scrapbook stuff, and a bracelet. I asked about a glass slipper that I saw at the entrance to Cinderella’s Royal Table, and we were sent to Arriba’s house. I found it easily, but bought the large one. We had it engraved, with “Happily Ever After” on one side, and “Our 2nd anniversary. July 16, 2007” on the other.
David had seen a Jack Skeleton pic that he really liked at our local Disney Store, right before our trip. I made him wait, knowing there would be more choices at WDW. We went into the Art of Disney store, and he found an original drawing of Jack for only $5 more than the fake at TDS. While he was paying and having it sent back to the room, I looked around. I spotted a painting from Narnia that I fell in love with. It’s Aslan looking over the kingdom of Narnia, with the Witch’s castle in the far distance. David took one look at my face and insisted that we get it. It took a while for the CM to find the box it belonged in, so I walked over to Memories. I wanted the leather scrapbook, but all the ones at WoD had been scratched. Here I found some still in their package. I struck up a conversation with the CM cashier, finding it odd that his name was Washington, yet he was from Ecuador. He said it’s not rare to find that name in Latin America. No sooner had I paid, than David was coming to get me to fill out the shipping form. We had it sent home to keep it from getting damaged, and it was larger than either of our suitcases. Fannie from Costa Rica assisted us, and we discussed speaking Spanish and where I had learned the language, and how her name wasn’t so good in American culture!
We left from there and rode back to POR, where we changed busses again to go to MK. We walked in during Spectromagic, and spent 45 mins in the Emporium. David got a Jack Skeleton watch, and I got some clothes (All I had was denim shorts, and I still hadn’t dried from Spl.Mt., no way was I going on Kali with denim on). We kept the stuff with us, and ran to get a spot for Wishes. We found an empty spot in the garden leading to Tomorrow Land. I used my shorts as a pad to sit on, and we got some great pictures. David surprised me after it was over by showing me the video he had made of the last 3 minutes.
We got a PP picture in the same garden, with the castle behind us, and then went on into Tomorrow Land. We rode Stitch’s Great Escape. I think AE was much more exciting, but Stitch was cute, and David liked it. By the time we got off, the park had closed, but you couldn’t tell it by all the people still there. We stood in line for Buzz. I beat David, but then again, I’d ridden multiple times before.
We walked over to Space Mt., but the line was out to Astro Orbiter. We were both very tired, and didn’t want to stand in that line, but I didn’t want David to not get to ride it. On a whim, I asked the CM if we could use our FPs from earlier in the day when the ride was closed. He said sure, and we walked right on. In fact, we didn’t stop walking until we got to choose sides. David thought the turns were a little rough, not knowing what to expect in the dark.
We wandered around for a while, looking for the little green Tink that I’d seen some people wearing, but alas, didn’t find it. None of the CMs were helpful, as they seemed to have no clue what I was talking about. We walked back over to PoC, where I bought the “I heart pirates” shirt that I’d wanted earlier. While David took a potty break, I asked a wearer of the Tink where she got hers. She said “at some restaurant”. It then clicked that I’d read about Tink on Intercot, but still didn’t knowwhere to find her.
We called it a night then; we were exhausted, and ready for bed. By the time we caught a bus and got back to the room, it was after 1am.

gauvin4
07-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Sounds like another great day!! You are girl after my own heart. Shop till you drop!:thumbsup:

January-2007
07-27-2007, 03:32 PM
We really like Earl of Sandwich as well. Sounds like you are really finding a lot of souvenEars to take home to remember the magic! Thanks for the trip report, you are meeting some neat people!

Bethis26fan
07-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a great second half of the day.

BronxTigger
07-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I have to keep reading these reports to see if you are able to fit everything in your luggage for the trip home!

Thanks for the reports. You've been having a great trip so far!

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Sounds great!! Love your park touring....you rock!

Christine
07-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Ya'all are doing some serious :spend:...I am so impressed!!! :thumbsup:

I hope you find the Tink!!! I for the life of me can't remember where they are either???

Pocahontas
07-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I hope you brought an extra suitcase with you for all your souvenirs! Thanks for your report.

faline
07-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Early of Sandwich is quite yummy! You're certainly finding lots of treasures during this trip!

kaerbear178
07-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Sounds like your having a lot of fun. I hope you are enjoying all of your new souveniers! Thanks for the report.

Bethanymouse
07-30-2007, 09:54 PM
You sound like you are having a blast. Thanks for sharing, I cant wait to read more!

DizNee143
07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
wow you guys sure do like to shop!! can you guys adopt me??? lol...i like shopping i just dont make enough money to cover everything i would like to buy!!! lol...
anyways..sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time...it was a good day at MK then at Downtoen Disney..then back at MK...:mickey:

Lizzie
08-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Yumm Earl of Sandwhich. So good.

iheartmickey
08-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Sounds like the rest of your day was GREAT! Made up for the bad breakfast. ;) Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: