PDA

View Full Version : Our Magical 2nd Anniversary-Day 1B

IloveJack
07-27-2007, 12:23 PM
(To catch you up... we've been in EPCOT for a couple of hours now...)

We headed on over to Soarin’ with our FPs. It was a quick wait time, for us anyway. I can’t believe how many people don’t use FP! Oh my word! Gonna have to do this one again! It took my breath away. Everyone cheered again and again with each new scene. Of course, Disneyland got the biggest yell.
We walked through the Seas, but I didn’t want to wait for Turtle Talk, so we just took some pics of the fish (We’re both animal lovers)., and left for M:S. We chose Orange, duh!, and with our FPs, only waited 10 mins. We liked this one, too, but were only really amazed at the “take off.” I commented that it’s amazing what they can make our brains believe, on rides like this and Soarin’.
DH had seen a pin he wanted, so we stopped at the kiosk by Innoventions. The pin count was now up to 28. He also got some locking backs, as he’d almost lost 3 pins earlier, when they fell off his bag. (We heard them drop, and picked them up). Mickey backs don’t stay on well. Then we were off to WS again.
I’d known all the answers to the France survey without having to search for them (I have a degree in Spanish and one in French), so I filled both of them out and took them to the kidcot spot to turn in. The CM gave us some stickers and a couple of pics. We waited in line to see Beast and Belle (blue dress), but before we got to them, he had to take a break. I’d seen Belle before, so we left, too. We made it our goal to tour every land and get a pic in each. Every time we saw a PP CM, we asked for a pic. If we didn’t see one, we just held the camera out in front of us and took the pic, or asked a random person to do it.
We stopped in China to see Mushu and Mulan, but again, he left before we could get to him. I was wondering if we were ever going to see a character, when we happened upon two of the Three Caballeros. We hopped in line, and actually got to see them. I’m glad they’re doing lines now, since adults used to have to “fight” kids to get a picture. Hey, we’re all kids at heart, right?
We visited every shop in the “world,” and spent a decent amount of money, too. I got a dress in Mexico (that I may put in my classroom, or wear for special days), and David got a cane in Morroco. When we stopped there, I was looking at the Jibbitz, and noticed that the CM by the canes was carving a turtle. Now, turtles hold a very dear place in our hearts (from when we started dating), and I dropped the jibbitz and ran over. David had noticed at exactly the same time. I looked around for another, but they only had one, and it was stained black. David and I looked at each other, read each other’s thoughts, and I told the CM (Peter) that I wanted to buy the turtle that he was carving. I would wait until he was finished. David sat by him and we talked until he was finished. I took pictures of him carving, and talking to David. I asked him not to stain it, only use the wax. He signed(carved) it and handed it to us. Then he wrote out a ticket. I don’t know why, but he only charged us half price! It was such a magical moment. It made my night. That, coupled with all the well-wishes we’ve gotten today, was truly awesome.
We walked back to Innoventions to get something to eat at the Electric Umbrella. Then we carried it back to WS to stake out a spot for Illuminations. David put his cane behind him while we ate, and when we got up to throw our trash away, a family took over our seats. That was fine, as the view had been blocked, but when the father picked up David’s cane and started playing with it, I noticed we had forgotten it. David quickly went over, took it away, said “Thank you,” and walked off, like the man had just been “holding it for him.” Hehe! Easier than demanding it back. From then on, the cane stayed right with him!
We chose a spot on the bridge to Mexico, and I worked on the trip report while David put his pins on his bag with the new backs. While I guarded our spot, David ran to get a pic of an amazing sunset, over the ball. When he returned (due the aforementioned event, and many other people showing up), he tied his cane to his waist.
We got a lot of great pics of Illuminations, and then stayed put until most of the crowd had passed. We stopped in front of the ball for a pic, using PP, as it was dark, and we had no tripod. We had some fun with getting the camera to focus, but the CM made it enjoyable. Then back into the herd to get to the front of the park. We picked up our pkgs., then we were out the exit.
We didn’t wait long, as 5 PO busses came back to back. We loaded in a bus full of Hispanic girls. In fact, we were the only ones on the bus that weren’t in their group. Their leader called out, in Spanish, “No one wants to ride with us cause we’re so loud.” They’d been singing the entire wait. I laughed and translated for David. Soon, others got on the bus, and we were off.
We walked for a while, trying to find our room. It was 8084, in Acadian house. We found the building easily, but the room is nowhere near the front, or even in the main building of Acadian. We had little washrag birds waiting for us. David called bell services to send up our luggage. It took 30 minutes before they called back, admitted they couldn’t spell our last name, and would try again. It was up in 5 mins. that time. We went to the quiet pool to swim, which is right outside our room. We finally called it a night at 12:30.

gauvin4
07-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Wow!! You must be exhausted after getting up so early for your flight!!:whew: Thanks for the report!

faline
07-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm sure your new carved turtle will be a wonderful memento to mark your anniversary trip!

January-2007
07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
That's a lot of pins! Glad you got the special backs so you hopefully won't lose any. That's so cool about getting the turtle that you got to see carved, how special! Thanks for the trip report. :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
07-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a great end to the day.

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 12:17 PM
We love turtles too, could you post a pix please? I would love to see it.

Sounds like a wonderful day. Love your posts.

Pocahontas
07-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow, you two must have a lot of energy. What a full day. Thanks for the report.

MauiMouse
07-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Glad that you had an enjoyable day. How nice getting that turtle for 1/2 off. :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-30-2007, 09:37 PM
I am so glad that you were able to find some special souveniers for yourself! It sounds like you had a fantastic anniversary day! Thank you so much for sharing!:mickey:

DizNee143
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
aww im so glad you gusy were able to get the turtle he was carving right then and there...glad you guys were able to get a special momento!! im really enjoying reading baout your trip!! :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
07-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Sounds like an amazing first day!!

Lizzie
08-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Sounds like a full day. We collect turtles too. I am going to have to go look now for one on our next trip.

iheartmickey
08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
What a day! You got so much accomplished on your first day ....and you traveled! WOW! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
08-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: