PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: Review of Questions 81-90

King Triton
07-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Time for the next to last review... This one covers questions 81-90. In case you missed any earlier reviews, there's links at the bottom of this post.

Question #81 asked you about your preference in airline seating. The question was rather you preferred to have an assigned seat beforehand or preferred general seating, similar to Southwest's A B C seating. Not surprisingly, 77% of you preferred to have an assigned seat.

I voted for assigned seats. I like to keep the DKs and DW near so we can talk about WDW! -- GrmGrninGost

...I picked non-reserved seating is because we still are travelling with 2 young kids and are allowed on the plane first. I prefer the bulkhead. Then, my kids can NOT kick a seat in front of them! and I get a little more leg room. -- Mook3y

With us it depends on group dynamic...If it is just DH and myself unassigned is fine because we can usually find 2 seats close together. If it is the family assigned so I know we can be together and not be split up. -- momef3grls

---
Question #82 pitted two Disney nighttime shows against each other: Wishes and Fantasmic. Magic Kingdom's Wishes was the winner here, with about 62% of the vote.

These are both amazing shows to end the day with, but to me Wishes has just a little edge over Fantasmic. I think it's the soundtrack that does it for me. -- avantgardeinker

FANTASMIC!!!! I see so many fireworks locally all summer. By the time I get there in September, I'm fireworked out. I like fantasmic because it's different......Oh, and I love villians. -- snifflesmcg

Another one where I couldn't vote. I love both shows. Fantasmic is a great show, more than just fireworks, but Wishes makes me tear up every time! We make it a point to see both shows every trip, no matter how long we're there... -- Tynkerbelle

---
Sometimes these questions reflect the general Disney population, sometimes not. I think it would be accurate to say that, on a given day, most people that are in the Parks (discounting daytrippers) do not stay on Disney property. However, this is Intercot. In Question #83, 85% of you said you always stay on Disney property. Not even one voted that you are always off Disney property. There was some vote for sometimes on, sometimes off (15%), and one person (less than 1%) voted they were close enough to Disney to commute.

We always stay on property. For us the magic thrives in WDW even in the resorts. I'd feel like we were leaving the magic behind if we had to leave the property even if it was only to sleep. -- KAT1811

We stayed off site 1 time... and hated it. -- Here we go again...

I have only been twice (so far) and we stayed off site the first time and onsite the second time. I would prefer to stay on site, but it just depends on the money situation. -- laward32

---
Question #84 was similar to #82, but this time I pitted an old nighttime parade (Main Street Electrical Parade) against its replacement (SpectroMagic). Nostalgia won out here, as MSEP captured 63% of the vote.

We really loved MSEP when it was here. It is far superior to Spectromagic in MHO. I like the music and the lights much better. It is a true Disney Classic. -- DDuck66

...I just love SpectroMagic. The music is soothing and beautiful and as it's name implies, it is truly spectacular. -- PirateLover

I was really hung up on this one. -- Polynesian Dweller
---

While we all know that Intercot is THE place to get Disney information, Question #85 asked which book you thought was more useful: "Passporter Guide to Walt Disney World", or "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World". The Unofficial Guide officially won this poll, with 60% of the vote.

I have always been a huge Unofficial Guide lover and have used it for all my trips--love the detail about the rides, restaurants, resorts, etc. However, I can see how it might be overwhelming for some. For me, though, the more details the better. -- mickey-mouse35

...the Passporter won me over with its places for checklists and the pocket pages for organizing each days plans/ADRs, noting highlights and lowlights, and keeping receipts, and other memorabilia. I think it just appealed to the the organizer in me. -- starrmomof2

I spend so much time here that I'm not sure there's much a guide could tell me that I don't know. -- SBETigg
---

Question #86 asked you to pick between two of the MGM live shows: Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and Lights, Motors, Action! Almost a tie here! Indy wins by one vote (44-43, 51%).

Indiana Jones has more to offer as far as entertainment value for me. It's not just about fast cars and explosions and "look how we do these stunts" but there's more of a show presentation and story that adds to the stunt demonstrations. And it does change slightly depending on the crowd interaction. -- SBETigg

LMA is a bit more exciting with the fast cars and bikes. -- Fantasmic

...I wanted to vote neither. I think MGM could make much better use of this space. -- Mickey91

---
In Downtown Disney Marketplace, the "Once Upon a Toy" store has a kiosk where you can build your own Mr. Potato Head. They have recently added another one where you can build your own Star Wars lightsaber. Question #87 asks which you prefer. Mr. Potato Head was the winner here, with 73% of the vote.

I love building my own Mr. Potato Head, though. I love all the princess accessories you can get for them. We already have the Mr. Potato Head, so we just fill up a box full of attachments and get as much as we can. -- avantgardeinker

I had to go with the lightsaber...the force is strong in our family!!! -- BritCody

I love my Mr. Potato Head...Of course this could all change when I make my lightsaber in October! -- Tynkerbelle
---
Question #88 asked what the typical length of your Disney stay is. A little over half of you (56%) responded 4-7 nights, a lucky 36% of you responded 8-14 nights. Trailing were 0-3 nights with 6% and the luckiest group of all: 2% responded 15+ nights.

We stay for 7 nights but hopefully in the future we will be able to stay longer. -- kaerbear

We typically stay between 8 to 10 days. As I look at it more is always better when it comes to Disney -- BritCody

As a FL resident, I just take short trips because it only takes a little over 2 hours to get to WDW. I like to take several short trips versus one long trip per year. Keeps the magic going more steady I think. -- DessertDivaFL

The last few times we've been we stayed 3-4 weeks. The long flight from the UK makes a usual two week holiday seem too short, well thats my excuse to DH for a longer holiday. -- LucyLou

---
Question #89 asked if there was a certain park you generally go to upon arrival at Disney World. While 34% of you didn't have one, almost half of you (48%) not surpisingly picked Magic Kingdom. If you count only those that do have a "first park", 72% picked MK. Next was Epcot with 12% overall, or 18% of those that chose a park. Next was Disney MGM Studios (4%/6%), followed by Animal Kingdom (3%.4%).

Its always Magic Kingdom for us! When we walk down Main Street and see the castle we finally feel like we are in Disney!!! Its so exciting! -- WhenYouWishUponAStar

It really depends upon what are plans are, and the length of our stay. If we are going to a special event, then that is the park we usually go to first. It also depends upon which day of the week we arrive. -- DDuck66

Epcot tends to be the first park i go to -- RAIDER

It's a tradition in our family to begin & end our vacation at MGM to see Fantasmic. -- AllDisney

I picked AK, because that is what has ended up happening the last few trips. -- EvilQueen2006

---
Disney World means lots of walking. Question #90 asked whether you preferred sneakers (including running/walking shoes, basketball, cross training, etc.) or sandals (including Tevas, Crocs, etc.). Very different opinions here, but sneakers won with 71% of the vote.

New Balance walking shoes/sneakers are the way to go. I wouldn't wear any other brand to WDW. -- darthmacho

..Crocs are light, yet supportive - my feet never hurt no matter how many days I wear them or how much walking I do! -- Tynkerbelle

The true answer for me is "both". -- faline
---
Previous reviews:
Questions 1-10 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103415)
Questions 11-20 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104399)
Questions 21-30 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=105376)
Questions 31-40 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106508)
Questions 41-50 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107392)
Questions 51-60 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=108388)
Questions 61-70 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=109249)
Questions 71-80 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110364)

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks for taking your time out to do these questions.... I enjoyed them all....