PDA

View Full Version : Bad reviews about the Dolphin

Gaylee
07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I am hearing gross things about the Dolphin ! I heard this on trip advisor how the guest room was so dirty! The heavenley bed was broken. I am staying their the week of Aug 18th. Anyone have some good feed back to give me !

BigRedDad
07-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I would take Trip Advisor with a grain of salt. However, if there are a lot of people complaining, then there may be some reason to be concerned. I looked a TA for a stay at Kings Mill resort. There were a lot of negative comments. It was very nice and I had no complaints. You could notice some of the things that people complained about, but you needed a magnifying glass.

Polynesian Dweller
07-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Two things that might help. First, the Dolphin is a Sheraton Starwood property. That's always good quality so I wouldn't worry. The chain is obviously very respectable.

Secondly, there are negative experiences at every hotel. Things will break etc. Negatives tend to get posted more often on sites like trip adivsor than the positives. People who are happy tend to be less motivated to sound off. So you have to keep in mind that you won't necessarily be getting an even handed review.

I know people who have stayed at the Dolphin, and other than its less Disney-like, they have loved it.

Maleficent's Dad
07-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Now the Swan/Dolphin are not my favorite resorts - far from it, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with some "gross things" about either!

My complaint is the outward appearance and the lack of theming; that is, of course, a personal opinion! :blush:

However, we've always had clean rooms & courteous service. Plus - you simply can't beat the location! :mickey:

The above posters have it right with TA Boards - complaints are a lot easier to come by. When something really "ticks you off," it's by far easier to render a complaint than it is to register a compliment when all goes smoothly!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Most of my on site stays have been at the Swan or Dolphin. I love these hotels. If there is a problem with a room (at ANY hotel) you need to speak up. They can't fix it if they don't know it's broken, dirty etc.
I have a difficult time sleeping at home, but have no problem sleeping in their beds. They truly are heavenly!
I love the location of these hotels, and love the way they look all lit up at night.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-27-2007, 11:37 PM
One thing to say about the Dolphin.....How soon can we stay there again?!?! L0-O-VED it!

crazypoohbear
07-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I've always loved the Dolphin, the beds, the theme, the location, the employees have always been great.
I do have a question about the negative post on the other site. How do you have a broken heavenly bed????? :confused:
It's a mattress and box spring, not a number sleep bed.
Was the frame broken?
And did the person who reported the "gross things" contact anyone to fix the problem?

I had a BIG problem with a Sheraton 20 years ago in LA on my honeymoon. Made the shining look good!
Couldn't get anyone to complain to at the hotel, couldn't even get bell services to bring our bags up to the room :(

We checked out the next day to a different Sheraton (which was great)

When I got home I wrote a letter to the HEAD of Sheraton world wide, I received a refund and a letter from him thanking me for bringing it to his attention, That hotel is NO LONGER a Sheraton, It didn't live up to the Sheraton expectations and was not renewed!

garymacd
07-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Just remember that bad news travels faster than good news.

If you are happy, who do you tell? Your family and close friends. If you are unhappy, you tell everyone and try and make certain that no one has the troubles you did!

So, who puts up more reviews on TA? The gruntled or the disgruntled?

DisneyGiant
07-29-2007, 11:35 PM
We're recently back from a trip at the Swan.

Heard nothing negative about either resort while we were there.

We frequently ate in the Dolphin restaurants....

The pool was awesome. The staff friendly and polite.

I wouldn't worry.

Tigerinvestigator
08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
We've stayed twice and had great experiences both times. Rooms were exceptionally clean, staff courteous, pools are great. Request the Epcot view, we had a great view of illuminations from our balcony. You will not be disappointed.

anneb
08-03-2007, 02:13 PM
The Dolphin is my favorite hotel at WDW. I have stayed there many, many, times, and have always had a wonderful stay. Don't worry at all - it's an great hotel in a fabulous location, and the grounds are absolutely beautiful.