PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #97

King Triton
07-27-2007, 08:45 AM
I wonder how many photographs are snapped inside Disney property? I imagine WDW must be one of the most photographed places in the world.

But, a lot of you are frequent visitors, so I'm curious if you still tote the camera around on a regular basis.

So, which of these is closest to describing you:
- Bring a still camera with you into the parks every day, no matter what, and take a lot of pictures.
- Maybe bring a camera into the parks a day or two and take a few pictures.
- Have enough pictures - leave the camera at home.

This question has inspired a second part to the question, found here:
Question #97, part 2 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111244)

Y100Q98 will also be Vacation Planning, probably on Monday.

The review of questions 81-90 (along with links to earlier reviews) has been posted and can be found here:
Review of Questions 81-90 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111243)

Have a good weekend!

darthmacho
07-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Obviously our picture taking has declined a bit, but we took enough pictures to fill 3 photo albums on our first trip. We had to have taken about 400 pictures easily. I imagine we'll go nuts taking pictures on next years planned trip, our first with a digital camera.

Figgyluv03
07-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Take lots of pictures! I love pictures and it's a great way preserve memories!!!!

glenpreece
07-27-2007, 09:06 AM
I always take tons of pictures. Even though I've been 4 times already I always end up taking atleast 20 pics of the Castle!!!

GreenBeetle
07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
No matter how many pictures I've taken over the years, there's always a chance to get that "perfect" picture of a Disney landmark or even an elusive character. I'm just a shutterbug at heart anyway - can't stop snapping pics. :D

vamaggie
07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
We always take lots of pics since we only go every 3 yrs or so. The kids change so much from trip to trip it's fun to see the same places with different aged kids. That said, since we have gone digital, not all pics make it to the photo album--some don't even make it home. Kids also like to take a disposible camera and take their own shots. It's great to see WDW from their perspective.

January-2007
07-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Take LOTS of pictures!! :mickey:
I don't think I will ever have enough pictures of Walt Disney World, every picture is different. Even if it's of the same thing... That reminds me, we need to get a new memory card, 500 pictures just isn't enough!

gauvin4
07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
I take my camera with me everyday! I think I take alot of pictures (200 on avg.), but it's not a lot compared to some of you.:mickey:

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 09:31 AM
We tend to take a ton of pics! We even video everything every year. We must have 20 pictures of everything possible already! Can't seem to stop myself! Is there rehab for picture addicts?:photo:

Polynesian Dweller
07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
After so many years of going to WDW the number of pictures and length of video have gone way down. Take the camera a couple of times during a trip but not daily.

DisneyCrazed580
07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
I think I would break out in hives if I didn't take my camera and take lots of pictures.

disneymom15
07-27-2007, 09:57 AM
First few trips we took lots of pics. Since then fewer and fewer. Some trips we don't even take the camera.

mook3y
07-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, wait, just one more, Click, Click, don't move Click, Click.

Love digital cameras!!! save so much money on film now! hehe.

SBETigg
07-27-2007, 10:06 AM
The poll says I already voted, but I didn't get to vote. Oh well. I take lots of pictures, but I only bring the camera into the parks for a few days, not all of the time. I prefer not to carry a camera all the time.

princessjojo
07-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Our first vacation, I thought I would have to take out a loan to develop our pictures. Cost us $170+ at .12 cents each just to get the pictures. The photo clerk looked like what on earth were you taking pictures of? The next trip, I budgeted for pictures, especially since we got a new 2g card for the camera. We took over 400 pictures last year and two days, we didn't take a lot of them because of tropical storm whoever that was there in June and it was pouring down. Next trip will be the same, especially since we will have some first timers with us. Oh I can't wait.

KAT1811
07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
We take LOTS of pictures!!! With three DDs (10, 2 1/2, and 9 months) I want to make sure that we capture each and every magical moment for each of them. Our WDW vations are exceptionally special to us as are the memories we create while we are there. We use a picture for our Christmas cards and my parents use one of all of us for their card as well. This year there are 11 of us so I'm sure there will be a TON of pictures taken. No matter how many times we go each one is as special and unique as can be, I can't imagine not having a photo chronical of each and every one of our trips!!!

DDuck66
07-27-2007, 10:34 AM
My DW is the camera hog ( I get to take maybe a dozen pictures) and she usually takes anywhere from 250 to 500 pictures on a week long visit to WDW. In fact, we were spending so much money on film and developing it was less expensive to buy here a nice digital camera and new printer for her use.

BelleBeauty
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
My picture-taking has declined. I still have the album from my first trip to WDW around age 14. I loved it so much that I took mostly pictures of the scenery - no people! And I had a snazzy camera with a landscape option - so I have landscape size pictures from all over the world, including the 25 year birthday cake castle!

Now with digital we can pick and choose what pictures to keep. We don't take as many, but it is still nice. Our recent trips have been sibling trips, and since I don't have any kids yet I don't need to document each and every moment, but we still like to have a sizable record of each trip. It is mostly used to furnish my little brother's myspace page and my Trip Reports now :secret:

BrerSchultzy
07-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Well over half the pictures I own are of Disney World. And almost all of the pictures taken of me as a child are in Disney World (oh, who am I kidding....almost all of the pictures of me as an adult are from WDW too).

4ubie1
07-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I take my camera along every day every where. You never know when that "kodak moment" might happen. Plus, I love looking back at all the photos I take. It reminds me of some of the times that I have forgotten in Disney world. And another nice thing is how light they are making cameras now. :thumbsup:

Bluesky481
07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
I would take more...but I'm always so excited to just be DW that I forget I have my camera with me:blush:

Tynkerbelle
07-27-2007, 01:03 PM
We take an insane amount of pictures every trip! Last time we used our film camera we had something like 18 rolls to develop. Last year with the digital we filled three large memory cards (thank God we had our film camera as a back-up!)....

BritCody
07-27-2007, 01:22 PM
We take a ton of photos. We take a digital Camera and a dvd camecorder. I have two teens and they are always fighting over the cameras. The two of them can fill a memory chip in a few hours. So before our next trip I'm buying another digital camera, this way maybe, just maybe Dad can take a photo!!!

k_reile
07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
It will be just DH and I so while we will take some pictures it will not be alot. Now when we have kids and take them to WDW, we will take a lot...but for the 2 of us not many.

GrmGrninGost
07-27-2007, 04:37 PM
It doesn't seem to matter how many pictures we have, there's always room for a few hundred more! :mickey:

mainemajor
07-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Now, with my digital camera I take a lot of pictures and delete the ones I do not like. In the past I never knew what shots I got and which ones I didn't get. So by the end of my trip I have great photos

WDWfeelslikehome
07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
We still tote a camera everyday. Sometimes we will take lots of pics, but many times they may now be of more obscure things, sigthings, or something that we just want a better picture of.

tinksmom02
07-27-2007, 10:20 PM
The camera is a permanent accessory while I'm at Disney LOL Last year I took over 300 pics. My mom took about 150, but almost all of them were the exact same shots that I took. She always does that...

Yeah, anyway, I take lots of pictures LOL

Rodders
07-28-2007, 08:34 AM
We took nearly 1000 pictures on our 2 week trip in 2005. I had to buy 2 more memory cards :blush:

avantgardeinker
07-30-2007, 09:08 AM
DH is a picture taking fiend!! We always go, saying we're only going to take pics of the new stuff and instead, come back with over 1,000 pictures.

129 more days!!
:mickey:

jwallace378
07-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I take lots of pictures every trip. It seems like I have the same shots of the same things every trip.

LoriMistress
07-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm a typical tourist when it comes to going to WDW.

2Epcot
07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I also have a camera with me all the time. So whether I'm at Disney World, at work, or out with friends, I'm always taking pictures. I enjoy looking back at old pictures, and watching how the resort has grown.

snifflesmcg
07-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm going to be taking alot more picutres this year now that I have a digital camera. I know I can take as many as I want and it won't cost me a thing, unlike it did when I had film.
I also carry a camera where ever I go. I never leave home without it.

Bethanymouse
07-31-2007, 01:22 AM
There has been no decline in my picture taking over my last 20 trips. In fact, with the addition of digital cameras I have become more obsessed with taking pictures at the world!

mdearmas
08-05-2007, 09:25 AM
We really take advantage of the PhotoPass as much as possible! It gives you the opportunity to get some really nice shots!
:goofy:

squishy445
08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
We rarely bring a camera into the park unless it is a special occasion or if we are going with people we want to have pictures of.

wdwfansince75
08-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I recall once reading that about 20 % of all pictures taken are taken at Disney resorts. Don't think it was an Urban Ledgend...think it was either an earlier version of Birnbaum's, or something I read at WDW. Since some think I am in my declining years, and my once phenominal memory is failing, do not recall actual source of that little known (and lesser used) fact.