PDA

View Full Version : CBR Question

PrincessKaitsMom
07-26-2007, 10:54 PM
We are staying at the CBR the week of Thanksgiving. When I made my reservations. I didn't request a certain section. Is it too late to do this or can I call any time and request a section. Also, what is the best section to stay in to be closest to the buses to the parks, dining areas, and main pool?

BIGDOG
07-27-2007, 12:01 AM
We have stayed at the CBR 4 times now and have all ways had a great time. I would recommend to call reservations and add a special request to your order they can not guarantee but will do thier best for you. Then about 7 days prior to arrival call resort directly and make the same request to the front desk. I would also recommend to take a early flight so you arrive early morning best rooms open then. The best area or building is MARTINIQUE BUILDING 25 but 24 or 26 are good too. Or Trinidad north 32 but 31 is not bad either. These are water veiw rooms and require higher rate but it is well worth it. The front desk staff at the CBR are great and always go the extra mile all of my stays...good luck

RAIDER
07-27-2007, 03:59 AM
I stayed in Barbados ... If you dont have a car then its fair trek to the food hall however if you do like we did , i found it the best as it was nearer the entrance to the building to get in and out when traveling :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
07-27-2007, 07:13 AM
The best area or building is MARTINIQUE BUILDING 25 but 24 or 26 are good too. Or Trinidad north 32 but 31 is not bad either. These are water veiw rooms and require higher rate but it is well worth it.
I'm NOT trying to be mean, but this isn't accurate. There is no such thing as an entire building made up of water view rooms.

The food court, restaurant, main pool, shops, etc. is in a central complex called Old Port Royale. If you want to guarantee to be as close as possible to OPR, then you need to reserve and pay for a "preferred location" room. Merely requesting a preferred location room won't be helpful -- obviously, Disney will assign those rooms to ALL the people who pay extra for them before they start giving them to people who merely request them.

The preferred location buildings are half of the buildings in Martinique (buildings 24, 25 and 26) and ALL of the buildings in Trinidad North (buildings 31, 32 and 33). Martinique 26 is the closest, followed by Trinidad North 31, followed by Martinique 25, and so on.

All of the 6 villages has some rooms that are "water view" rooms. This is because each village has some frontage on Barefoot Bay (the lake) and each village has its own quiet pool. At all of Disney's Moderate resorts, "water view" could be the lake/river or it could be a pool, and there's no way to guarantee one or the other. But like Toyman said, you must also reserve and pay extra for a water view room.

Each village has its own bus stop, so there's no such thing as a village that is closer to a bus stop than any other village. And like I said, each village also has its own small-ish pool (these are pretty large!).

So if you want to call and change your reservation to pay for a preferred location room, do it ASAP! I imagine Thanksgiving is a very crowded time. It's also possible these rooms are already sold out (there are only 384 preferred location rooms at CBR, out of 2,112 total rooms). If these are sold out, you might want to request a room in Aruba or Jamaica. These are across the lake from OPR, and it's a pleasant walk on a bridge over the lake. The non-preferred buildings in Martinique are about the same distance as Aruba and Jamaica, but without the pretty walk across the lake). Trinidad South is the very farthest out village, and Barbados is the second-farthest.

Any other questions, just ask!

mickeymousedabomb
07-27-2007, 08:54 AM
We stayed at CBE last July and were in Jamacia. It was actually great! We were in building 41 a two minute walk through the parking lot to the bus stop. And to get to OPR (5 min walk) walk past the pool area past the beach over the bridge through Parrot Cay and it led you right to the main pool and OPR. If we stay here again I'd ask to stay in Jamacia again I have no negative feedback about it. Jamacia I thought were the prettiest buildings too. Jamacia was the first pick up and first drop off with the busses.

DDuck66
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
We stayed at CBE last July and were in Jamacia. It was actually great! We were in building 41 a two minute walk through the parking lot to the bus stop. And to get to OPR (5 min walk) walk past the pool area past the beach over the bridge through Parrot Cay and it led you right to the main pool and OPR. If we stay here again I'd ask to stay in Jamacia again I have no negative feedback about it. Jamacia I thought were the prettiest buildings too. Jamacia was the first pick up and first drop off with the busses.

We always stay at Jamaica as well. It is far enough away from the noise of the food court and main pool, but close enough for a quick walk to get a snack or shop at the Resort store. Also each village has its own laundry center.

CleveRocks
07-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Jamacia was the first pick up and first drop off with the busses.

Partially true.

Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom buses start at Jamaica, and from there go to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and then finally Trinidad South before heading to Epcot, MGM or AK.

Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney buses start at Martinique, and from there go clockwise to Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then finally Barbados before heading to either MK or DTD.

Donalds Duckie
07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
I agree with CleveRocks. If you want to pay for a preferred room you should call and do that ASAP.

CBR is a true favorite of mine and I have stayed at CBR many times. I always request "Jamaica or Aruba". I've stayed Jamaica 5 times and Aruba 2 times. I've never stayed at any other village and I've always been granted my request for one of those villages no matter what time I checked in or how crowded CBR is. However, I always remember that requests are never guaranteed.

Both Jamaica and Aruba are lovely villages right across the bridge to Old Port Royale which makes them a convenient, lovely, and relatively quick walk over to Old Port Royale. Personally, I find Jamaica and Aruba are equally convenient. In fact, Memorial Day weekend I got a room in Aruba that was by far the best view/location I've ever had at CBR.

I, personally, have never had trouble with the bus transportation at CBR. Yes, the buses stop at every village but they come frequently at CBR. It's never happened, but if a bus was too crowded for my comfort, I'd simply wait for the next bus. That might not be acceptable to another person.

I think you'll enjoy your stay at CBR!

Wrigley
07-28-2007, 02:41 PM
We always request the Martinique buildings (and a corner room!). We have stayed at CBR several times and have always received our room requests. Martinique is very close to Old Port Royale (food court, shopping, and main pool), and is one of the first, if not the first, bus stop. We never had trouble getting on a bus and we hardly ever had to stand. I would highly recomend the Martinique area!

PrincessKaitsMom
07-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks to everyone, this is extremely helpful!