PDA

View Full Version : The Zen of Disney: Day Two

TooGoofy
07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
The Zen of Disney...Day Two

Cast: Meg: 43: trip planner and tour guide; 6th trip to the world
Dave: 51: general all around great guy: 6th trip to the world

Tuesday morning, we did something that we had never done in WDW before…we did not set a wake up call. We just slept and woke up when we wanted to. I was up around 7:30 and Dave woke around 8. We had a quick breakfast in the room. Then we got ready to go to a park.

But which park? We decided to have another moment of Zen. We could not decide whether we wanted to go to MGM or Epcot. I suggested that we go to the bus stop and see which bus showed up first. Dave agreed, so we headed to the bus stop. MGM showed up first, so we got on.

We entered MGM and headed straight to Tower of Terror. I got in line right away while Dave got me a FastPass. (Dave doesn’t do many thrill rides, but he knows I love them, so he doesn’t mind waiting for me.) While I was in line, I checked my small purse for all my “park paraphernalia.” Because we had annual passes, we were carrying our room keys separately. When I checked my purse though…no room key! Uh oh! Well, I decided to ride and then go to guest relations. I rode TOT and then made my way out to where Dave was waiting for me. I explained that I had lost my room key, and we went to Guest Relations.

Guest Relations quickly cancelled my old room key and called CSR to get me a new one. Feeling relieved, Dave and I headed to Star Tours. Dave is a huge Star Wars fan, so we both really enjoy this ride. After that, my FastPass time had opened up, so back to Tower of Terror we went.

I went through the FastPass line and ended up just in front of a family from Virginia. The mom asked me if the ride was bad. I said, “No, it’s a great ride!” No, she said, she wanted to know if it was scary. I replied that I didn’t think it was. She then said that she didn’t like rides that had drops. “Well,” I said, “you might not like this ride then.” But it was too late…we had already boarded. From the shrieks and laughter I heard behind me, I think they enjoyed the ride.

After TOT, we bought two bottles of water from a CM who was from Taunton, MA, which is next to where Dave’s parents live. Then we walked over to One Man’s Dream and we enjoyed really taking our time to completely explore the exhibit. After that, we headed to the Backlot Tour, which we hadn’t gone on in a couple of years.

After the tour, we were hot, tired and hungry. We stopped at the Backlot Express. Dave got a Greek salad and I had the chicken Caesar wrap. Both were very good. They made a cool and refreshing lunch. After lunch, we headed back to CSR. I got my new room key, then we returned to our room, showered and had a nap.

We got up around 5 and headed to Epcot, which was having EMH that night. We first headed to Soarin’ but there was a 110 minute wait and no FastPasses available. Instead, we had a bite to eat at Sunshine Seasons. Dave had carrot cake and orange juice, while I had macaroni and cheese and water.

After that, we decided to ride Spaceship Earth, since we knew that it was going to be closed for refurbishment later in our trip. We enjoyed it, but it really does need a rehab. We found that the soundtrack was especially hard to hear. At times the sound cut out completely.

Next, we got our EMH wristbands and then headed to the World Showcase. Looking at the times guide, we decided to try and hit the American Adventure. We walked in to the cool and comfortable pavilion and relaxed on a bench until it was time for the show. We both enjoyed it and felt very patriotic afterwards; fitting since the next day was the Fourth of July.

After the American Adventure, we staked out a good spot for Illuminations. (We found a bench in Italy that provided a great view!) I went and got a funnel cake and two waters while Dave saved the bench. We had a wonderful spot to enjoy Illuminations, and we even got to see double fireworks, as we could see fireworks going off behind the Canada pavilion. :fworks:

After the show (I cried, as I almost always do), we headed back to the Land, but Soarin’ was just inundated with people for EMH, so we decided to call it a night and we headed back to CSR. We showered, and fell asleep quickly, exhausted, but happy.

Next up: Celebrating America; Disney Style! :flag:

gauvin4
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Sounds like you had a great day. I admire your ability to just go with the flow. I am a planner. My family would probably say that I am a little obsessive about having a plan.:blush:

Marissa and I are looking forward to reading more. I think reading your reports is getting her more excited for our trip.:mickey:

SBETigg
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Ooh, totally winging it! How fun! Sounds like a great time.

Bethis26fan
07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for sharing sounds like it was a nice day.

T-Belle
07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Sounds like you and Dave had another great day. My goodness, 110 min. wait for Soarin. I don't blame you for not waiting.

January-2007
07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the trip report! I am glad to know that the Guest Services at the park was able to help you out when you lost your room key! Sounds like a great day!

faline
07-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Nice relaxed day! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day. I need to learn to be more spontaneous. I plan the meal because of ADR's, but that's where I should stop.

Can't wait to read more.

Beach Club Babe
07-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Sounds like another great day!

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Another great day! I didn't know about those additions to the menu at Backlot Express but will definitely keep them in mind (or did you eat at the Flatbread Grill back by the Backlot Tour?) for a healthier alternative to the chicken strips.

Were there any special additions to Illuminations for the 4th?

Thanks for sharing!

TooGoofy
07-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Nope, it was definitely Backlot Express...and very tasty too!

For the Fourth, see my Day Three installment! It was wonderful!

iheartmickey
07-29-2007, 08:43 PM
What a fantastic day. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
It sounds like you had a great day, very busy and full of fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us!:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
08-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Sounds like another relaxing day.

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Bumpity-bump-bump!

DizNee143
08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
another good day..i like that you guys dont really have any plans and arent running from one thing to the next...you guys are truely enjoying your vacay!! glad you got everything worked out with your room key!! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow I can't believe you just slept in and then caught whatever bus came! Off to read more...