PDA

View Full Version : Why are there...

scoot241
07-26-2007, 07:31 PM
... bees in an orange?

I asked this question the whole time we were by the Orange Stinger on our last trip. Does anyone have an explanation?

tinkwest
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Bees help to pollinate the orange trees while in blossom so are therefore part of the life of the orange, which grew in the groves that once occupied the site of what is now DLR.

scoot241
07-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes, but to pollinate the orange trees, the bee doesn't actually get inside the orange...

It was really a joke at the time, and another thread I was reading made me think of it... oh well, apparently it's not as funny now.

Disney Babe
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I liked Tink's answer because I never thought of this ride in that way. I think it's a nice nod to the beginnings of Disneyland.

My answer to the question is that I remember everytime I tried to eat an orange outside in the spring or summer a bee would coming buzzing around and bother me. So I think that bees would be in the middle because an orange is so sweet they can't resist!

On a side note, Orange Stinger sounds like a cocktail, doesn't it?:marg:

SPCMT
08-22-2007, 01:42 PM
im not sure if this will help but the chairs that you used to ride in used to look like bees didnt they? thats why the audio calls what ur sitting in "your stinger" so maybe the bees flying around to play off of the theme of your chairs and when they removed the chairs they didnt change the audio or the bees on the walls hope that helps a little!