PDA

View Full Version : A Movie Geek's Paradise in My Back Yard...

Movieguy
07-26-2007, 02:47 PM
It used to be that if I wanted to go to the movies, there was only the ancient multiplex in my hometown, which went largely unchanged since 1988. It was first owned by Hoyts, then bought by Regal, which did very little with it as well.

But now, Regal has transformed the Ithaca Mall into the place to go for a quality theater experience in the Finger Lakes region, in my opinion.

Just take a look at what they opened about a week ago: http://www.lansingstar.com/content/view/2621/67/

I've already seen both Harry Potter and Transformers at this place, and it is fantastic. I feel so blessed to have this kind of facility so close to me. It's like heaven for a film geek like me. :D

2Epcot
07-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Congratulations on your new movie place. I would probably consider myself a movie geek too. It's been a while now, but I remember how exciting it was when we got our first stadium seat theater in Arizona.

Even though there are several in the area where we live now, we just had a new AMC theater open just down the street from us, so we're excited about our new theater too.

Back when I was younger, and didn't work so much, I would see 2 or 3 movies a week. Nowdays, I'm lucky to get to 3 a month. I'm not a movie renting person. I probably only rent 4 or 5 movies a year. I would much rather see a movie in the theater with an audience. Nothing beats seeing a film on opening weekend, and feeling the energy of the crowd.

Enjoy your new theater ... the pictures look great. I like the party room, for movie parties. For a movie geek, the new theater smell, is almost as good as the new car smell.
:popcorn:

PirateLover
07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Enjoy it while it lasts. There is a movie theater about 3 blocks away from me that was re-done and made into 2 levels, most theaters with stadium seating. I was amazed at the time. Oprah had here premiere there for... I believe it was beloved. And there were a few more as well. My brother worked there at the time and it was all very exciting. Unfortunately as with most things, the upkeep became lacking, staffing got lower, and now the place is frequented by trash-both human form and the actual trash that is thrown on the theater grounds and never picked up. But there are mulitplexes further away that are much nicer, (I want to say both are Regals. Mine was a United Artist, recently taken over by Regal). Sometimes my bf and I take the ride out just to go to a nice theater. Especially when a movie is in IMAX. Oh boy! It makes the movie so much more enjoyable when you don't have people yelling and cussing and talking on cell phones and babies crying and well... you get the drift ;)