PDA

View Full Version : Before I go...

WDWizard
07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm going to SoCal next week. We'll be spending two days at the DLR parks, and I just wanted to know before I go..

-Are they still giving out the Nemo quest with prizes in the line for subs?

-Can anyone who has been to the park recently tell me how lines are for Nemo?

-Please remind me where I can find VMK cards other than in the line for Nemo at DLR?

Chescat
07-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Wizard, I'm heading out there today at lunch, so I can give you an update on the length of the nemo line. PM me your dates again. I am going one day next week, but not sure which. I can maybe switched days. :thumbsup:

For VMK cards, the Candy store in Pooh's corner is suppose to have the Red Retro Penny Press cards with purchase of candy. For the last month they've been out. :mad:

The Magic shop, for purchase you get the Mirror.

In DCA, go to the Animation Building. Go to the part where you draw a character. Ask the Cast member standing there if you can have a VMK card and they have them at the stand.

The VMK cave is still open from what I hear at least so far. Its in the Innovention building in Tomorrowland. Its on the bottom floor. There is a western section and then the cave part.

The Nemo Quest that the cast member gives out at the end of the line has the submarine middle printed on it. If you are in line, some cast members sometimes do come by with quests. But only if you are in line. The end of the line is where they keep them. ;)

Blue Genie
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I be at Disneyland on Aug.4th So when are u going Wizard? I was also going to see my friend Snow White over at Ariel's Grotto to that day.

WDWizard
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM
We arrive the 3rd, going to the parks Aug. 5-6 (technically it's the week after next week). We are doing DCA on the 5th, a Sunday. The only reason we're going on a sunday is because Aladdin does not play on Mondays-Tuesdays. The thing that scares me is I hear sunday is the busiest day at DCA, but I think we can endure the crowds to see Aladdin. We could visit on Wednesday, but we would be pressed for time since we leave that night out of LAX. Disneyland we could do on the Monday-Tuesday we are there, I think Monday would be best. I'm not sure how crowds are in the park those days. As for meeting, I'm not sure because I will be with my parents and they might think its strange that I am talking to random people in the park that they've never seen before.:blush:

Chescat
07-26-2007, 06:46 PM
The lines for Nemo were still 2 hours today. That was around noon time. I think Parade time and fireworks have a smaller wait.

Sunday mornings are a good time to go since people are in church and such. So the crowds normally don't get there until noon time.

Found out if you buy pins in the Little Green Men shop, you still get those VMK Birthday pin cards they used to have. I didn't know that until the VMK person I met today told me to ask. ;)

I'm going to be major busy August 2-5. We got XGames tickets and we're going to most of the events. So I wouldn't be able to probably make it down.

Course Wizard, not sure I really want to see you, I can't boot you in person. :eek2::eek:

LittleDragonErin
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
If you want decent seats for Aladdin you should be there at least an hour before the show you want to watch. The show itself is about 45 minutes so that's about 2 hours of your day there. It's worth it though. ;)

WDWizard
07-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Hmm, thats a good idea about Sunday mornings. I might try that. Where are the tip boards in both parks? I was thinking that I could go into DL in the morning and see how Nemo is on Sunday by checking the tip board, then heading over to DCA after Nemo. I don’t wait more than an hour for rides, so I might even end up skipping Nemo all together if the lines aren’t convenient for us. Especially since the line is outdoors.. I saw pictures where they had set up a bunch of blue tents to shade the people in line..It looked tacky and out of place.

Chescat
07-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Disneyland opens at 8:00am and DCA doesn't open until 10:00am. My advice run and get your fast passes for Space Mountain, then head to Nemo. I don't believe Sundays are early mornings in the park, but you might want ask the DLR section about that.

WDWfanatic742
07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Isn't Screamin not running until like 1pm or something like that? I think it was because of TSM construction.

WDWizard
07-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Screamin' is open all day on weekends. Is the tip board in Disneyland on Main Street?