PDA

View Full Version : Which Park?

Bethanymouse
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I have heard both sides of the coin. One side stating to take advantage of EMH whether it be morning or evening in each park. The other side says stay away from the morning EMH park, because the other parks are empty. So intercotees...what do you think? Do we do the morning EMH in the set park or aviod them with the hopes of finding lesser crowds at a non EMH park?

Belle_0717
07-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I have been on both sides of the coin.

I do not believe there is too much of a difference whether you take advantage of the EMH or not. I did notice that MK and AK seemed slightly more congested during PM EMH.

I usually plan the vaca around the EMH. We are definitely taking advantage of them this coming trip with my nephew.

animalkingdomguy
07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
We stay on property so we take advantage of all the perks. Especially with MK. This gets us on Dumbo early before the crowds.

angedeaile
07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
I do alittle of both. I try to aim for the morning EMH, just because it is nice to get in that hour early. However, some days I just don't want to get up early. lol.

I try to avoid parks with EMH at night, but sometimes I will go to them. I did for Epcot one night. It wasn't too bad. Once Illuminations was over, the crowds went away.

This trip, I plan on trying EMH at night for MGM and a morning at AK.

Bluesky481
07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I do alittle of both. I try to aim for the morning EMH, just because it is nice to get in that hour early. However, some days I just don't want to get up early. lol.

My thoughts exactly:thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
We seldom get to the parks in time for opening. I have teens. We usually make it to parks at around 9:30 or 10 am. By then, we've found that the park with morning EMH is always mobbed so we have altered our strategy to avoid all morning EMH at parks. IF we got up early enough to take advantage, it would be worth doing morning EMH and then hopping to a less crowded park after ten or so. But since we don't get up that early, we skip the morning EMH park.

The evening EMH parks also crowd up, but the crowd grows gradually after we arrive and it never seems to bother us as much as starting off with crowds. Not to mention the evening EMH crowds dwindle as time goes on, and we get a lot done after ten pm at the evening EMH parks.

aprilshowers93
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
I didn't vote because I don't know what I would do, but I would think morning EMH would be a LOT less crowded than evening EMH. People are not in the park yet and some people don't want to get up too early. I think morning EMH is the way to go.

LoriMistress
07-26-2007, 07:10 PM
We don't do EMH. The parks are more crowded when it's EMH. It's what I've noticed.

diznedreamin
07-26-2007, 07:40 PM
I voted for depends, since I have never done any EMH hours before. This trip however, I have pm EMH at MGM, along with both am and pm EMH at MK. It's been a while since my last trip, and I want as much time at "home" that I can get!:blush:

wdwfansince75
07-26-2007, 09:13 PM
As Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there anymore; its too crowded!" Actually, being a morning person, I find morning EMH's a great way to start the day.....Did EE the first time that way....and got on Soaring early....then Test Track twice.....Have done evening EMH at MK and Studios....spent more time getting bracelets and waiting in lines than riding. Since many off-site guests get in line before start of EMH, and are allowed to ride, lines were very long for first hour or so of EMH.

It does "depend"....it is a real perk for those on site who don't know how to deal with the crowds, and who must see the parades and/or fireworks/Fantasmic/Iluminations ....Gives them a chance to hit the rides they missed.....

If you are patient, the crowds will get smaller, and the waits shorter.....but the crowds for the last few hours before closing and first hour or so of EMH are, IMHO, the largest and most unhappy crowds of the week.

Hate not to use a perk.....somehow, think it is in the price, and therefore, I am overpaying if I don't use it.....On the other hand, with Fast Passes, and favorites that rarely have lines (CoP, POTC, HM, AA, Mission Space,) to kill the time waiting for Fast Pass to the Must do's, I manage to get on everything on every trip....and revisit many of my favorites multiple times.

Remember, If you must hoot with the owls, don't try to Soar with the eagles!

IloveDisney71
07-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I usually only do EMH in the morning at AK and MK. It's nice to be able to hit those few favorite rides first thing in the morning. That being said, I usually leave those parks by 10:30 or 11:00 and head to another park. I also tend to do more EMH at night at all of the parks.

gauvin4
07-27-2007, 09:40 AM
We don't do EMH. The parks are more crowded when it's EMH. It's what I've noticed.

Same here!!

Mickey91
07-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't ever pay attention to the morning EMH as we are late sleepers. I tend to go to the park with late EMH or just wherever I feel like going on a particular day. This trip, our dinng is dictating where we are for the most part. Go and have a great time and don't worry so much about the crowds.:mickey:

snifflesmcg
07-28-2007, 10:17 PM
For me, it depends on what else in the week we are doing stuff. EMH tend to be busy as well because other people have the same idea.