PDA

View Full Version : POLY in May

DDuck66
07-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Yeah!!!!!
We just made our reservations for Concierge level rooms at the Poly for May 2008.
Anyone have any experiences they can share?? We have never stayed here. The last time we tried, we got moved to CR at the last minute.
:donald::donald::donald:

jwallace378
07-26-2007, 12:52 PM
One word for you...AWESOME! Wife and I honeymooned at Poly concierge in May of 2005. What a great way to experience WDW!! Free breakfast, snacks, and late night drinks and appetizers everyday in the concierge lounge. We had a room front and center of Cinderella's castle on the lake. Have a great time!!

threeh
07-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Love the Polynesian!!! We have stayed 2 times and will stay again in Februaury. How did you book for May?? I keep hearing the haven't released the prices yet for 08 (I'm jealous!!!)
Make sure to catch the fireworks from the lounge, they pipe in the music, it is great. My kids actually enjoyed leaving MK so we could watch the fireworks fro our own room. If you are there during a prty (princess and pirates) they may have different fireworks on those nights. Ilove the concierge staff, they are really nice and helpful. Have a great trip!! Enjoy!!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-26-2007, 04:27 PM
You will have the best WDW experience there is staying at the Poly concierge level. I can't say enough good things!!! You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Nothing compares.

Catzle
07-26-2007, 08:49 PM
We love the Poly. We have stayed three times and all three times were great. The views and the beach being right there with the monorail are all major pluses. The Hawaii building is centrally located which makes it easy to get to everything. The food offerings are great and the grounds are beautiful. We enjoyed the lounge a lot especially for breakfast and drinks.
You'll have a great time.

LudwigVonDrake
07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I just came back from the Poly a couple of weeks ago and LOVED IT!!! :tikki: Congratulations and have a great trip!!! :tikki:

prprincess
07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
How did you book for May?? I keep hearing the haven't released the prices yet for 08 (I'm jealous!!!)Same here. We're thinking about it for April. Who did you book through?

burnt orange
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Do any of you have information on which buildings are close to the Lobby? We stayed there 10 years ago and loved it, but 10 years is a long time to try to remember building names. We're shooting for the Poly in July '08.
Thanks!:thumbsup:

DDuck66
07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Same here. We're thinking about it for April. Who did you book through?

You can go ahead and book "Room Only" packages. We have AP's so we will not need tickets and we usually do not do the DDP since I have the DDE. Of course the price was not guaranteed, but we wanted to make sure that we could get the reservation.

Dicecatt262
08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Concierge at the Poly is awesome. The preplanners are terrific. Email them and they'll help you plan everything you need! The Hawaii building is in a great location. Right on the beach with a great view, (what view did you book?) it is close to the Volcano Pool but set back a bit so less noisy, and it is close enough to the lobby and the quiet pool. I loved it so much last year we are going back in 5 weeks! You'll love it.

Grace
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
:mickey: The Poly consierge is a great choice. It is the best of locations, and has wonderful amenities. The pre-planning CM from Hawaii should be contacting you a few months prior to your trip. They are most helpful.

WE love the lounge, and most days we make a meal of the breakfast and "dinner" offerings; that only leaves lunch as an expense for meals. There are also loads of after-dinner bite size desserts and cordials, as well as wine and beer. We enjoy these on the beach and watch the fireworks whilst we make ourselves spoiled and fat! Sodas, coffee, and snacks of some kinds are available all day long - to the delight of our kiddos. Bottled water is availble upon request, and they are large glass bottles; we like to keep one in our room fridge.

Hawaii is only steps from the main pool, quiet pool, Great Ceremonial House & monorail, and the boat transportation.

It's all wonderful. Have a magical time!

DVCWDWMEMBER
08-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I am sure you will love it.
We have stayed at the Poly twice and will be back on November again . We love the convenience of being so close to the TTC and off course the monorail or boat to the Magic Kingdom.
:mickey::party::lei: