PDA

View Full Version : Ride closures/rehabs

princessjojo
07-26-2007, 08:15 AM
When do they announce what rides they will closed or refurbished for the spring? We missed POC last year and niece missed HM this year. I sure hope it won't be anything big.

cajunprincess
07-26-2007, 09:28 AM
This is my very first post...whoo hoo:mickey:

I am jsut glad that btmr will be back up and running when I visit in late October. It is kind of depressing when you go and one of your favorite rides is closed for rehab.

Strmchsr
07-26-2007, 09:46 AM
This is my very first post...whoo hoo:mickey:

:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

Generally refurbs are announced 6-8 weeks ahead of time, but there's no specific time frame as to when they announce them. So, if you're looking for a March refurb I'd expect the announcement sometime in January, but that's not a hard and fast rule. The good news, I suppose, for 2008 is that most of the major rides have all been recently redone with the exception of Space Mountain. That one is definitely in the planning stages, but no official announcements as to when/if they'll actually do it.

jszczur5
07-26-2007, 03:59 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

Generally refurbs are announced 6-8 weeks ahead of time, but there's no specific time frame as to when they announce them.

I agree with the above post. If your frequently visit Intercot or any of the other two or three (infinitely inferior) Disney-related info sites, you can often pick up rumours of impending closures well in advance of 8 weeks. These rumours are sketchy, and occasionally inaccurate, but can help you to forewarn a youngster who might be particularly keen on a ride which may be closed for a refurb during your visit.