PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian during free dining

PeterPanFan
07-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Well here is a spin on another post. How crowded are the Delux resorts/Grand Floridian during free dining.

We went last fall, there was no free dining but it was over Columus day. We stayed at the all star music. It was so crowded and rowdey it reall was a very bad trip. When we booked our trip we didnt know about the free dining. We are hoping for some nice Disney magic.

pox24
07-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Sept and Oct are great times to go. You will have no problem. Least crowded time of the year.

Wells
07-26-2007, 08:13 AM
We stayed at the Polynesian last September during the free dining promotion and had no issues with overcrowding or noise.....

TammiMcMan
07-26-2007, 09:15 AM
That time of year is perfect. The only fly in the ointment at the GF will be the renovations going on. If you're able to avoid the building that they're working on, you probably won't notice very much.

If things are starting to get crazy, rent a cabana and close the shades :cloud9:.

threeh
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
My opinion with free dining is that the resorts are as crowded (or uncrowded depending if your a glass half full kinda person) as usual its just the places to eat that seem to be more busy. Where as before people would do this and that to eat now wtih free dining more and more are doing sit down meals making the eateries more crowded, hence the need for planning ADR's and not being able to get in some places if you wait. I do think the earlier you go in Sept the better. I hope you have a great trip!!!:mickey:

DizneyRox
07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
"Free" dining means rack rates for rooms. So, the value resorts will be a better deal during that time than the deluxe resorts. If everything else is the same, I would expect the value resorts to be more full than the deluxe resorts.

Restaurants though another story, resort restaurants or park restaurants will be equally booked. And those restaurants at the Grand are considered higher end restaurants and are a better value in general under the DDP than some of the "lesser" restaurants.

Jen C.
07-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I doubt you will feel at all "crowded". You seem so worried from all of your posts about this same issue. I encourage you to trust those of us who have been there the past several years during this promo. I agree that while the dining establishments are quite busy/crowded, the parks truly are not.

This worrying is cutting in on your excitement!! Have fun!!:number1::thumbsup:

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Except for maybe fluke dates, you shouldn't find any resort overcrowded at this time. That is why they offer Free Dining. Things tend to slow down considerably at the beginning of school. And, even though most of the resorts sold out of the free dining package, there was a limited number offered to start with. Relax and have a great vacation!:mickey: