PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge courtyard view

jefftm
07-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi I've never stayed at the WL before. We have reservation for a courtyard view and was wondering is there any particular room I should try to get or stay away from? Can you see the electrical light parade from all the courtyard rooms and what about balconies? Thanks Jeff.

mouseketeer mom
07-26-2007, 08:23 AM
We had a ground floor courtyard view and could see the electrical water parad from our back sliders. We loved the courtyard view. It felt very central to us, we would walk across the pool area to get to the lobby and buses. Loved having the pool outside our doors, and the water launch around the bend. Good choice!

NJMan66
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi I've never stayed at the WL before. We have reservation for a courtyard view and was wondering is there any particular room I should try to get or stay away from? Can you see the electrical light parade from all the courtyard rooms and what about balconies? Thanks Jeff.

Look at the Map of the resort; the closer you are to the beach the better the view of the electrical light parade. And yes, the rooms all have balconies.

JoDisney
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
No, all courtyard views do not have sight of the electric water parade from the balcony. I can attest to that because we were in a courtyard view this June and could not see the electric water parade from our balcony. Courtyard view is the way to go for me though. I love being where the main pool is and the view it offers. We could not see the parade for all the trees.

whitesoxfan
08-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Just got back yesterday. Had a courtyard view (complimentary upgrade). We were on the fourth floor ( I believe it's building 9). We were right above the food court which was very convenient and we were able to see the front half of the electrical water parade, however, the tall trees blocked the end of the parade. I know there are better views from other courtyard balconies but you couldn't beat the location to fill up your mug, get to the lobby or just to watch the pool and geyser. We wouldn't have changed a thing!

Figment78
08-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I LOVED our courtyard view room. I think we were also on the 4th floor (It might have been the 5th, I can't remember), but on the opposite side from the food place (Roaring Forks), almost directly across. We did watch the electric water pageant one night from the balcony and it was really cool to do that! There were lots of people watching it also from their balconies, and it was fun to watch the people watching it! The pool was closed for renovations when we were there, but had it been open, that would have made it even more fun!

pook@wdw
08-04-2007, 06:58 PM
We've had all views @ WL. Standard view, MK view, lodge view and courtyard view. And we prefer the courtyard view. Kickin back on the balcony, sippin on a cold one, watching all the activity around the pool below, or looking out over Bay Lake...what could be finer? :cloud9: We had 4th floor rooms right above the Trout Pass Bar, and could not have been happier w/our acommodations!:thumbsup:

jefftm
08-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Thank You for your help. It sounds like I will not regret a courtyard view. Where can I find a detailed map of room locations? Jeff

Sunshine1010
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
What views do the DVC rooms offer?

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2007, 11:37 PM
What views do the DVC rooms offer?

1) Basically, woods.
2) You can see the woods or the pool or WL wings.
3) Villas have "types" (eg. studio, 1-bdrm, 2-bdrm), not "views".

Sunshine1010
08-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Well, I'm getting a 1-bdrm, and wanted a view of the pool/courtyard. Is that possible?.....

Crow
08-06-2007, 07:24 AM
ive had courtyard (comp first sty) and bus view.
courtyard and standard in Sept, as the discount rate for my nights only had courtyard for 2 of them, which is more than i wanted to pay but.
so I will see what room i end up in and let all know.

WishingStar2006
08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
No, there is no courtyard view from the villas...the villas are in a seperate building all together....right next to the WL but they do not adjoin the courtyard. There is a seperate pool for the villas, that may be "viewable" but it is not what is familiarly known as the courtyard.

Enjoy

mickey&missy
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
A map of can be found right here on intercot of course! http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/wlodge07.JPG