PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Jellyrolls

Fantasia
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I hope you all can help with these questions. I just know there is someone out there that knows. ;)

My husband and I went to Jellyrolls before via Disney Trans. It took 2 hours to get back to the WL. This Sept. my family of 16 want to go and I'm not sure what is the best way from the WL to get there and leave? How much is a taxi? If we do choose to take a taxi DD is 2 - carseat issue here? I will be taking 5 of the group (under age) to the boardwalk and to Beaches and Cream. I want to knock their socks off with the kitchen sink. If I recall it is not a far walk - correct? How crowded is Beaches at night? I wanted to go on Wed night but is the Boardwalk & Jellyrolls active on a Wed.?

Thanks for your help
Stacey

BigRedDad
07-25-2007, 08:29 PM
You can go to Epcot and walk there (as long as you have Park ticket or Hopper). Taxi will be the fastest though. Transportation to other resorts is definitely not the easiest thing to do unless they are monorail resorts.

snifflesmcg
07-25-2007, 08:33 PM
With a party of 16, you are going to have a hard time finding transportation where you all arrive together. I would suggest, anytime there is a large family, to get a taxi. You can get one of those small busses or vans and it will probably be well worth it. You will arrive faster and together.

Maleficent's Dad
07-25-2007, 08:43 PM
How much is a taxi?
I once took a taxi from the Swan to WL (Swan is right next to Jellyrolls) and with tip it was just under $10.

I will be taking 5 of the group (under age) to the boardwalk and to Beaches and Cream. I want to knock their socks off with the kitchen sink. If I recall it is not a far walk - correct? How crowded is Beaches at night? I wanted to go on Wed night but is the Boardwalk & Jellyrolls active on a Wed.?
1. B&C is about a 7 minute walk to Jellyrolls. :walk:
2. B&C is a very small establishment built between two large resorts - is it crowded on Wednesday night? Not sure - but it usually draws a crowd - especially around meal times. It may not have a lot of people there, but it always "feels" crowded.
3. I've only been to Jellyrolls during "peak" times and it's always drawn a decent crowd, regardless of the night of the week - not sure about September, however!

Good luck! :mickey:

DisneyTeen
07-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I wanted to go on Wed night but is the Boardwalk & Jellyrolls active on a Wed.?

On my last trip we went to Jellyrolls every night we were there. We found that the first half of the week (Mon. Tues. Wed) to be a little slower than later in the week. The first half of the week we were able to walk in and get a table of our choice on the floor (downstairs). Later in the week we found it harder to even get a table and it was standing room. But like someone said, it is busy pretty much every night of the week.

ThanxForNoticin
07-26-2007, 12:26 PM
It seems to me that you have at least one decent Disney transportation option, depending on how late you are out at Jellyrolls or B&C. Traveling from WL, I would take the bus to MGM. Then you can either walk or take the Friendship to BW or BC. It's about a 15-minute walk from MGM to BW. As long as the MGM busses are running when you are done, you can do the reverse to get back to WL. This route is pretty simple, you can all travel together, and it won't cost you additional for a van or several taxis. Enjoy the Kitchen Sink!!

dteed
07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
With the Boardwalk being a convention resort they have Taxis lined up at almost all hours. That in my opinion is the way to go and the way I have done it in the past. 10 to 20 for a party of 16. do the math. I have done it for a party of 4 and was at my resort before I would have been at a bus stop.