PDA

View Full Version : CBR will it be ok?

traceyo1
07-25-2007, 08:12 PM
This is my second visit to WDW and my first post. My DH and two DDs stayed at AKL Christmas week of 2005 (never go that week again). This year we are going the 2nd week of December with three other families. We chose CBR so it would fit in everyone's budgets. My concern is going from a deluxe to a moderate room and how disappointed will I be? It is definately not an option to stay somewhere else because we all want to be together. Also with 3 adults and one teenager, will we be too crowed? :crowd:

Figgyluv03
07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I love CBR! I use to work there and resort is huge. Lot so stuff to do and plenty to see! You should be fine. Just kick back, relax and enjoy! Don't forget, the only thing you'll pretty much be doing in your room is sleeping and getting showers. And if you want to come back to the resort in the afternoon to take a nap, take advantage of the hammocks located on some of the beaches! :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
07-25-2007, 08:25 PM
The main question to ask is "how many hours will you stay in your room?". This is the only purpose of any resort other than the use of the swimming pool. At any other time, you can visit any resort and be at any park.

I don't think you will have any problems. There are two queen beds. If necessary, I think you can get a roll-away bed.

Enjoy your trip.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I love this resort! Absolutely beautiful! Enjoy!
And welcome aboard!
:welcome: :wave:

Wayne
07-25-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't think you will have any problems. There are two queen beds. If necessary, I think you can get a roll-away bed.

Unless something has changed recently, CBR rooms will have 2 DOUBLE beds.

That being said, CBR is a fantastic resort.

PetefromRI
07-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Although this is one of our favorite resorts,the main pool will be down for rehab I believe Dec.-June.There are many quiet pools but the theme pool should be down when your going.We're thinking of going there in May anyhow,we really love the CBR.

Donalds Duckie
07-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I love CBR and stay there for almost all of my trips. I stay deluxe every couple visits but aside from that I always stay at CBR.

With all of the quiet pools I would definitely stay at CBR with the main pool down. I also think it will be a fun resort for a trip with friends. Enjoy!

moe513
07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Its a beautiful reort. The only big difference we found in switching from a mod to a deluxe was the location. We think the deluxe have better locations except akl. We switched from pofq to the yc. The rooms ar cbr will also be smaller.

JohnnyJayhawk
07-26-2007, 08:56 PM
We were there this past May and were very pleased. I'll echo the comments above, including the bed size. The rooms have two full sized beds, which I think might be tight for your numbers.

GrmGrninGost
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
CBR is really nice. We liked it a lot and will probably stay there again in the future. There is always a difference between moderate and deluxe, but how much time do you really spend at the resort? Anyway, I think you'll have a wonderful time! Enjoy! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-26-2007, 09:45 PM
I love the CBR! The beds were not queen when I was there, they were both doubles. I don't know if that makes a difference to you or not. This resort is very large and you don't feel like you are crammed in there with tons of other people. It is a really beautiful place.

RAIDER
07-27-2007, 04:01 AM
I will agree with all .the CBR is a very relaxing resort ,i throughly enjoyed my stay their and would go again :thumbsup:

traceyo1
07-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks for all the imput. My fears have been put to rest about this resort. Can't wait to get there. Thanks again!!

WDWgoofy
07-28-2007, 04:58 PM
We have always really enjoyed our stays at CBR; this resort along with AKL are our favorites.

Room size will not be an issue as CBR has the largest rooms of all the moderate resorts.

Have a great stay.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
07-29-2007, 11:20 AM
We flip between deluxe & moderate resorts all the time and there are small differences that don't really bother us. The bed is the biggest difference but we manage. I would consider requesting a roll away bed on your reservation to have an extra sleeping space.

Welcome to Intercot & Have a great trip!!

garymacd
07-29-2007, 11:57 AM
We flip between deluxe & moderate resorts all the time and there are small differences that don't really bother us. The bed is the biggest difference but we manage. I would consider requesting a roll away bed on your reservation to have an extra sleeping space.

I agree completely! And, hey, you're in Disney World! How bad can it be? We love Wilderness Lodge; but or absolute favourite resort is French Quarter. It's cheaper, and just as much fun. 'Course the beds are a bit smaller, but that's okay. We can live with it.

CBR is bright, colourful and fun. We are going there in about six weeks. Can't wait.

Welcome to Intercot!

jedimick08
07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
I believe the Main pool rehab is Jan - Jun 2008. So you should be ok in Dec. We are going in May and we're still staying here because of the side pools...

Donalds Duckie
07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I am interested to see the main pool post-refurb. Does anyone know if there will be actual changes to the pool or just "refreshing" the existing pool?

traceyo1
07-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Thanks. Do you know if there is an extra charge for the roll away? Also based on the size of the room, will there be enough room for a roll away?

Seasonscraps
07-29-2007, 09:07 PM
I am not sure about the cost but there is room between the door and the first bed for a roll away. It would need to be folded up during the day so the door isn't blocked. Some people get those aero-beds if you want to be sure you will have something.

CaptSmee
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs are my 2 favorite moderate resorts. Both are beautiful, more than adequate, and centrally located to all of WDW. I think you will enjoy it, even though it is not the same as a deluxe resort.