PDA

View Full Version : Anyone eat at Concourse Steak House @ Contemporary?

E-OR
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I have been trying to plan our meals for September trip and read in my guide book that this is an overlooked place to eat. The menu looks great and just wanted to get some opinions. Our family does like steak and ribs and it is on the monorail line to MK.

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
We ate there last time and my DH and DDs all had the ribs and I had the filet. OMGoodness.......I was great. It was one of the best meals. The food was great, the service was excellent, and you can't beat the monorail whizzing by. I definitely recommend it. Enjoy!!:number1:

Volksjager
07-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree 100%

We went in January and ate many places, but the one meal that stood out was the ribs at the Concourse! :thumbsup:

The ambiance is not too great though, and sometimes it can very very loud with the Mickey Theme meal going on next door...but despite that we are going back in December and I am looking forward to another plateful of ribs! :D

conwayjohn71
07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
We were there in June

I would say both food and service were very average espically for a steak joint

Sunshine1010
07-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I plan on eating at the steakhouse in January. And, from another post, am I correct in thinking that the Chef Mickey's place is next door?.....ANd....that it gets loud.

Does anyone have the times for the Mickey thing so we can avoid the noise level.

What time would be good to go.

CleveSJM
07-25-2007, 03:06 PM
We went last October and it was one of our favorite meals. The noise from CM is not that bad.

The French Onion soup was some of the best we've ever had. Highly recommended.

Also, the Concourse Steakhouse is scheduled to be closed and a new counter service restaurant openned in it's place. Experience it before it becomes history!:thumbsup:

Tynkerbelle
07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here - we went there in September and didn't care for it at all. The steak was not a good cut - fatty and it did not have any taste. The service was just OK. Definitely not one of our favorites and we will not be going back....
Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC is way better (Le Cellier in EPCOT, too, for that matter)!

faline
07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
This place has long been a favorite of ours. We ate here in June and had a very good meal! I'll be sorry to see it close!

LauraF
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm going there for the first time this September, but my parents have been there quite a few times. They really liked all the steaks (except the prime rib) and I'm told the Caesar salad there is one of the best. It's definitely a hidden treasure, according to them.

KAT1811
07-25-2007, 04:07 PM
We love the Concourse Steakhouse and have always had great experiences there. Our waiter was one of the best I've had while dining in WDW. Very personable and attentive. The food was wonderful. Actually this is my mother's "must do" restaurant while in WDW. We'll be very sad to see it go. I highly recommend trying it before it becomes extinct.

MMouse6937
07-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I plan on eating at the steakhouse in January. And, from another post, am I correct in thinking that the Chef Mickey's place is next door?.....ANd....that it gets loud.

Does anyone have the times for the Mickey thing so we can avoid the noise level.

What time would be good to go.

There is no real time to avoid the "Mickey thing". If you eat at the Concourse at lunch you may have more luck. Dinner will probably be noisy when the Chef Mickey buffet is going on. They get up at random times and swing napkins and sing....kinda fun actually, but not if you're trying to have a quiet dinner. Have fun!

GrmGrninGost
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
We went to the Concourse for the first time in December. Also our last time. The food was so-so at best and the service was deplorable. :mad: I have dined at many WDW restaurants over the years and this is the only one I've ever said that about.

LoriMistress
07-25-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm trying to decided whether to eat at teh Concourse Steakhouse or Kona's for lunch. If you do plan to go to the Concourse Steakhouse, this will be the last year since they will be closing it FOREVER!!!!

Sunshine1010
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
6937 - THANK YOU....I'm making a note to go during lunch to avoid even more noise.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm trying to decided whether to eat at teh Concourse Steakhouse or Kona's for lunch. If you do plan to go to the Concourse Steakhouse, this will be the last year since they will be closing it FOREVER!!!!

Just booked Concourse for our last ADR in December...I was toying with several ideas...Then, thanks to Intercot, I discovered it's closing next spring, so that helped me make my decision. Food was really good, and DH loved it, but it wasn't my favorite atmosphere. I want DS to experience it, though; I think he'd enjoy it.

Mickey91
07-25-2007, 11:28 PM
So far it is the only retaurant that we have agreed we don't want to go to again. Our wautress was aweful and the meal was not worth writing home over.

Wells
07-26-2007, 07:54 AM
If you are on the dining plan, this is (IMNSHO) the best 1TS restaurant at WDW.:thumbsup:

princessjojo
07-26-2007, 08:11 AM
We went and though it wasn't our favorite, it wasn't the worst either. At the time, our younger DS was 8 at the time and he thought it was great that they had appetizers on the kids menu. I agree that the French Onion Soup was great, but for us, since it will be closing, it really doesn't play into our plans any longer.

KAT1811
07-26-2007, 09:59 AM
kinda fun actually, but not if you're trying to have a quiet dinner. Have fun!

Quiet dinner at WDW? Have fun and don't worry about the noise after all it all about having fun at WDW you can have a nice quiet dinner when you get home!

Volksjager
07-26-2007, 10:06 AM
WOW! I am shocked to see such varied reviews...it seems like it is either really good or really bad :confused:

If I read these reviews before I went I might just avoid eating there altogether since there are many excellent places to eat

One of the reasons Disney is Disney is due to the quality of service and product, perhaps this is one of the reasons it is closing

SurferStitch
07-26-2007, 10:13 AM
DH and I will be trying it for the very first time in December. For years DH has been wanting to go, but we just never made it. Now, we want to try it before it closes.

Any noise from Chef Mickey's won't bother us at all. I don't expect a quiet meal in that area anyway.

Nettie
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
the tenderloin was great! but the kinda burned my creme brulee.

if you want a nice steakhouse that's easy to get to, you should try it.

tinkerbell04
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
We have eaten there quite a few times and we have always had great experiences, except for once. Only once, we had quite a long wait for our ADR time, the other times we were seated very promptly.:mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-26-2007, 10:55 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here - we went there in September and didn't care for it at all. The steak was not a good cut - fatty and it did not have any taste. The service was just OK. Definitely not one of our favorites and we will not be going back....
Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC is way better (Le Cellier in EPCOT, too, for that matter)!
You are not alone. I ate there with 4 teenagers and we were not impressed. None of our steaks were cooked the way we asked them to be and the other food was just average. For the price, I wasn't impressed. I also agree that Le Cellier is way better. It's our favorite "steak" place at Disney, but I've never tried Yachtsman.

KAT1811
07-27-2007, 09:48 AM
the tenderloin was great! but the kinda burned my creme brulee.

I love my creme brulee burnt. I ask for it extra crispy on top and often only eat the top part and leave most of the bottom behind!!!

Soul_Power
07-28-2007, 06:05 PM
My boyfriend and I were at WDW for eight days at the end of May/beginning of June and we both agree that the Concourse Steakhouse was one of the best meals we had at WDW (the other being our meal at Kona Cafe). The food was delicious and the service was great!

I strongly recommend this restaurant and am sad to hear that it will be closing.

CosmicRay
07-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I was going to ask about the Concourse Steakhouse, we have made ADR's for December and haven't eaten there. I guess we will give it a try and be glad we got to try it before it is gone. The quiet atmosphere won't be a problem to us since we have our young kids with us. But I will have to try the ribs, my mouth is now watering!!

Sunshine1010
07-29-2007, 12:58 AM
I made my ressie for the Concourse Steakhouse this evening. It will be in January. While doing it, I mentioned the closing of this restaurant.....the dining reservationist had no idea. I told her not to worry about it.....as with a lot of businesses and companies...the employees are the last to know things.