PDA

View Full Version : Kids 3-9 on DDP

Mickey91
07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Has anyone else noticed the horrible choices for kids at CS restaurants? Even Pizzafari only offers peanutbutter and jelly or a cheese quesadilla. No pizza! Well, thankfully our youngest is now 10 and we no longer have that worry. But here is a suggestion for those of you unfortunate enough to have to deal with this. If time will allow, use you child's CS credit at breakfast. The resorts almost always have an appetizing breakfast plate for kids and the meal plan will allow for them to have a milk or juice to go with it. We found this to be the best way to use what otherwise would have have been a worthless credit. Then buy your little guy or gal something worth eating at lunch.:mickey: Hope this helps someone.

Sorry, I haven't found a cure for TS yet.

chefmickey3
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
That is a great suggestion. We have also found that they will substitute from the adult menu but smaller portion if we asked. The new standard menus are not very kid friendly.

krose78
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I haven't had a problem with the menus my kids are happy with the choices maybe as they get older but they are perfectly fine eating PBJ and hot dogs and chicken nuggets.

LibertyTreeGal
07-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I've been advocating this same thing for a while now. It's what we do and either pay OOP for their lunch or split ours with them.

TS? Oy vey, don't even get me started.... but doing buffets helps.

KevGuy
07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Yea, my kids got sick of it after a couple of days last trip. My son always wanted a hamburger and very few if any places offer the kids DDP any burgers. So we did a few buffets like Chef Mickeys and they could basically get whatever they wanted including the adult stuff. For the most part I would just order whatever someone was complaining they wanted for my meal and we just all shared everybodys food together. That worked out quite well as there was always more than enough food and everyone was happy in the end.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
I think it's awful when you go on a wonderful ( and expensive) vacation to the most magical place on earth and your children are stuck eating the same junk every meal. Come on Disney! Wake up! Give these kids something they will eat! When I'm on vacation I don't want to fight my kids to get them to eat! Give them some choices!! :mad: