PDA

View Full Version : The Zen of Disney: Travel Day & Day One

TooGoofy
07-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Cast: Meg: 43: trip planner and tour guide; 6th trip to the world
Dave: 51: general all around great guy: 6th trip to the world

A special note: Dave suffered a stroke in 2003 due to untreated high blood pressure. He is 99.9% recovered (thank God), but he has some trouble with his balance and needs his rest periods. Therefore, we tend to take it slow and easy when we go to WDW. Don’t expect a commando trip from us!

Hello all! Sorry to have had a slight delay in writing this Trip Report…had to finish Harry Potter, you know! :cloud9:

Saturday, June 29
We had to drop the dogs off at the kennel by 4pm, so we decided to drop them off a little early, and then go in to town to see Ratatouille and have supper at the Longhorn Steakhouse. I was a little worried about Merry. (She is our newest addition, and she came from a rescue. I didn’t want her to think that she was being abandoned again, but she pranced in to the vet’s wagging her tail and licking all the people, so I thought she’d be all right.) Then we headed in to town, saw the movie (which we loved) and had supper. We came home and I finished packing (which was much easier without the dogs around!). We went to bed early since there were a few last minute things we needed to do in the morning.

Sunday, July 1
We printed our boarding passes, loaded the car and headed to Manchester, NH. We were overnighting there before our flight (which was at 10:30 am). We checked into the Super 8 motel (which was just fine for our needs), rested a bit and then headed to the Mall of NH. We ate at Bertucci’s and then did some window shopping. (I was sorely tempted to get a Belle beach towel. It was only $5.00! I didn’t, but I kind of regret it now.) We headed back to our room and relaxed and then we went to bed. We knew we were going to have a busy day on Monday.

Monday July 2
We got up around 7, packed up again and headed to the airport. We quickly checked our bags and then went through security. We got a “pat on the back” from the TSA agent, since we had our baggies all set and we were, in his words, “properly prepared.” We waited at the gate for our flight to arrive, boarded with the A group and were actually able to take off a little early.

We had an uneventful flight. I read and Dave looked out the window at the coastline, pointing out places of interest, like Sandy Hook. We pulled in to MCO, and I was very excited to see the palm trees! We got off the plane and went to the second level to get our baggage. Then we headed back up to the third level, crossed from the A side of the terminal to the B side and checked in with Magical Express. (I know we could have had them pull or bags…but I’m a little OCD about having our stuff with us.) They gave us our voucher (we had not gotten this before we left) and then we headed out to our bus. We boarded immediately, and were soon on our way to Disney. Everyone clapped as we drove under the purple arch welcoming us to Disney World. :mickey:

We checked in to CSR, and at first, they wanted to put us in the Ranchos section. We did not want to be that far from El Centro, so we requested something in the Casitas. They gave us a very nice room in Casitas 2, which was close to a bus stop, and fairly close to El Centro. We unpacked and rested a little, then we went to the Pepper Market for supper. I had the rotisserie chicken and Dave had the Catch of the Day tacos. Both were very good.

While at supper, Dave said he was feeling good enough to try to go to a park after we finished our meal. (Our first moment of Zen! We had not planned on going to a park that night.) Since AK was having EMH that night, it was the logical choice. We headed over, and immediately went to Expedition Everest. Dave had felt badly about me not being able to ride EE on our last day in 2006. So that was the mission! I went into the single rider line and in about 20 minutes, I was on my way to the realm of the Yeti. Great ride! After that, we got some water and walked to the Upcountry Landing across from Flights of Wonder. I felt like I could go on a bit, but Dave was starting to fade, so we headed back to Coronado Springs. We showered and then fell in to bed, exhausted.

Next up: a Moment of Zen, MGM & Epcot

faline
07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Travel days are always a bit draining!

I love staying in the Casitas section of Coronado Springs!

SBETigg
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow, I'm so happy for you that Dave has had such a great recovery and you can go back to WDW together. That's good news. And a great first day at the AK! Thanks for reporting.

Lizzie
07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like your travel day wasn't too hectic.

Pocahontas
07-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Sounds like a very nice beginning to your trip.

Beach Club Babe
07-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a very nice start to your trip!

KylesMom
07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Great start to your trip - congrats on hitting E:E on your first day!

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to read more!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Glad you had a great travel day. It is a long ride to MHT from Turner. I understand, living in Oxford for 33 years, moved to Baltimore when I was 33. Glad your hubby is doing so well. Can't wait to read more.

Maine, the way life should be.

gauvin4
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Meg, I have been waiting for your reports!! Glad to hear that you and Dave had no problems on your travel day. We haven't been on E:E yet and are looking forward to it.:thumbsup: I'm sure Marissa will get on later and check out your reports. Can't wait to hear more.:mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I am glad that you had an uneventful flight and were able to enjoy your first night in disney. I cant wait to read more!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Sounds like a good start to your trip. I can't wait to hear more.

January-2007
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Sounds like an excellent beginning to a trip. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-25-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm enjoying the trip report so far. Keep it coming please.

MauiMouse
07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Meg, glad to see your reports. Sounds like you had a good start to your trip. Looking forward to reading more. :mickey:

Dizneyfan
07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Glad to see that your Dh is doing better. :thumbsup:Sounds like you had a terrific first day. Cannot wait for your next report.:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

T-Belle
07-26-2007, 08:53 PM
What a day!!! So glad you got to do EE.

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 03:36 PM
What a nice start to your trip! Can't wait to read more...

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Bump!

DizNee143
08-08-2007, 10:36 AM
sounds like a great start..thats cool you guys were able to go to Animal Kingdom for alittle...cant wait to read about the rest of the trip!! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I'm off to read more!