PDA

View Full Version : Help! Tough Decisions...

MissTink
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok guys... I'm having second and third thoughts about our next trip and I'm hoping you experts could give me some advice...

Currently booked a family suite at ASMu with my DD5 and my Mom. Mom's first EVER trip down and it will also be her birthday. We decided family suite because I didn't want us all to be on top of each other allllll the time. Also will have family staying in FW campground and GF...

Here's the thing, DD and I have only stayed at ASMu and I would like to try something new and not to mention, not too crazy about the idea of sleeping on a pull out for 7 nights. Thinking about POFQ or CBR. Would absolutely LOVE to stay at the comtemporary but I think that is stretching the budget... Any thoughts? Please help!!! :confused:

pogo
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
We've stayed at both POFQ and CBR and we loved them, but I don't see how it will help with your problem. :confused:

You stated you've booked a suite so you wouldn't be on top of each other during your stay. If you were to stay at either POFQ or CBR you would lose the convienence of the suite. All three would be in a room together.

I think you'd have room enough for all three but it isn't a suite.

Good luck on your decision. :D

mulderxcoltrane
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM
It sounds like - it you really want privacy - it may just be better to book 2 connecting rooms at ASMusic. The price would probably be about the same and you would have the separate spaces.
Just a thought n/c I"ve heard people complain that the family suites are a bit cramped.

crazypoohbear
07-25-2007, 12:20 AM
I recommend getting connecting rooms also. that way everyone has their own bed and you can have privacy. I think it is about the same price as a suite, you'd only be losing the microwave portion of the room

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah, you could get connecting rooms at a value for about the same price as a family suite. You could try one of the other values if you want a change of scenery. Your mom would have her own room, so if she wanted to take a break or go to bed while you your daugher wind down for the day, (or if vice versa) nobody would be in anyone else's way. You'd get privacy as well as everyone having their own real bed to sleep in every night. You would be giving up the kitchenette though.

No matter what you do, just remember; you'll all be in Disney World together! :mickey:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
If you really wanted to and could find a great excuse, maybe you and the DH could sneak away for a night at the Contemporary?

I know this is easier said than done, since the DH and I are heartbroken if we're more than a stone's throw from our little ones, but maybe, just once, for one night, as a treat?

Maybe your mom & child could stay with the other relatives that night?

I don't know, just a thought?

LauraF
07-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Try connecting rooms at a Moderate. While the rooms at POFQ are bigger than ASM, I think it's not enough if you all want to stay in one room.

One suggestion, if you don't mind a little distance between you both - put your mom up in one hotel and yourself up in another. I did that several years back one of the many times I traveled with my folks. I stayed in one hotel, they stayed in another and everybody was happy. We each had our privacy. For a first time trip, that might be frightening to your mom however . . .

TammiMcMan
07-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Many people do automatically assume CR is out of the price range, but unless you're looking for a tower room, it can be a pretty good value. By comparison, the AllStar suite is $179 during value season and discounts cannot be applied. The CR has standard view garden wing rooms for $259 and maybe even less if you can find a good discount. The rooms are really large and you can't beat the location. Plus it would put your groups closer together.

For a little less ($249), you also have the option of the FW Cabins, similar to the AllStar suites, but with more "real" bedding and a full kitchen. Now you can swim in the pool with the group that's staying in FW camping.

If there are less than 5 of you, the WL has standard rooms for $215 per night. The rooms are a bit larger than a value or mod, plus I think that having a balcony and the lobby increases your space. You can't share the pool with the FW group, but you can easily visit each other. The group at the GF is only 2 boat rides away.

Depending on your budget and available discounts, I'd go with the WL or CR. For only $35 more per night (WL), you're gaining space, a balcony, enclosed resort, easier transportation and your now closer to the rest of your group.

If you want, Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com) can look at all the options and let you know which one might work best for you. A great thing about their service, is that even once you're booked, they'll continue to look for and apply discounts as they become available.

(prices noted are value season)

sashiroo
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
We stayed in the Family Suites and really liked them. Honestly, I slept in the bed 1 night and the pull out the rest of the nights and I didn't really notice a difference. I really liked the 2 bathrooms & the kitchenette. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. You can't be guarenteed of adjoining rooms @ All Stars. We were told this which is why I went with the Family Suite. To me it was worth the extra cash. Good luck in deciding.

mickeymousedabomb
07-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Coronado has a Junior suite too, maybe it's worth it to get a price on your stay!? We were considering it for our upcoming stay and we looked into ASmu suite too beacsue we had 5 people going, we ended up choosing Pop because it's down to four people and would rather save the extra $$ for spending in the World!! Good luck!

MickyLuver
07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
It is funny that every post seems to read something different in your situation. I also interpret something different. I think you want to upgrade your stay and privacy is not the issue, but you are concerned about $. I would agree with the person that suggested the WL. I also like AKL but since your family is at MK resorts then the WL would be best.

It also sounds like it may work for you b/c it is only 4 of you staying in the room. (right?)
I think if you can afford the CR then the WL is not a drastic increase in the budget. I also think it is better than a wing room in the CR.

I am not going to suggest a moderate b/c in your post is sounds like you want a deluxe resort. The WL or AKL is the most economical and fits the family accommodations you need.

Good luck and have a wonderful stay. :mickey:

MissTink
07-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions! I think we are leaning toward the WL. I didn't originally think about staying at this resort but after it was suggested I did my research. It is only the 3 of us in that room and if my Mom starts driving me crazy, I'll just send her to my sisters motorhome :secret: